Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Will Returned With Honor

Kim was so excited and who could blame her?? Her third son,Will, is the SWEETEST and BEST young man ever!!! He was gone for two whole years on a full time mission and she only spoke to him on Christmas and Mother's Day but on Tuesday, January 27, he returned with honor!!! Kim's grin could have lit up the darkest room!!!

There were a lot of us at the airport and we were all excited...Kim's granddaughters were never far from her lap!!

Will's dad, my brother-in-law Jerry (aka the Bishop), constantly checked the board and the computer for updates on the flight...I remember the day Will left, he cried and said, "I just don't know if I can let him go." But he did and now, finally, he was coming home!!
My Dad, aka Daddy Tom or just "DT", said on Tuesday morning, "I think I am as excited as Kim!" We disagreed with him but I honestly do not think I have ever seen my Dad MORE excited about anything...he LOVES his grandchildren and even if he doesn't agree with their beliefs, he is proud of their dedication and desire to serve the Lord...and I'm not kidding...everyone adores Will..he just has an unbelievable demeaner that reminds me of Christ!The Edwards Five...note the neckties Jacob and Jared wore with their jeans to honor Will in his suit!! I think David changed the most while Will was gone...only a few more years and we'll be sending him off...but I am so glad that after so many years, Kim gets a break from having her sons far away in another country!! Don't they look happy to be together again? I know it sounds trite but it really does seem like yesterday that Kim and I were burning up the road between Hartsville and Charlotte so our kids could all have cousin time! Those were such fun days!!!
I cried...I was so happy for Kim but sad too because I knew that my sister Jean would love to have all of her children PHYSICALLY in the same room...Noah is never far from any of our hearts and minds...and I shed a tear for Andrew and Peter even though I know they are both being missionaries today and will serve full time missions some day with their wives...but mostly, I cried tears of joy for my wonderful nephew and his return to his mother's arms...and our lives...WELCOME HOME WILL!!!!!

2 comments:

LaNelle said...

Oh! I wish I could have been there! I always said Will was my favorite because he was so nice...apparently I'm not the only one that feels that way haha!

kim e said...

Thanks for giving Will a special post. This has been the best week of the year for me. We have had so much fun. ( Going to work tomorrow will not be fun) I am so glad you could come and share the day. Look forward to seeing you soon and yes, I loved all our cousin days! We had so much fun all those years being stay at home Moms.