Pete is the kindest, most giving person on this earth. He never does anything for himself but is always seeking ways to serve his family. He is the father with pictures in his wallet where his money used to be, holes in his shoes, and gladly wears whatever is on clearance so he can give the very best to his children...when I met him, he was 30 years old, owned a nice home, had no debt and a substantial savings account and was about to buy a snazzy convertible sports car...then came me and the car became an engagement ring. Only 6 years later, we had 5 children and Pete was working three jobs so I could stay at home with them. I know of no other man who serves his family better, NEVER asks for anything, never spends a dime, and never ever complains...seriously...if the house is a mess and there is no dinner, he walks in, picks up a broom or a child or a frying pan and says, "Go put your feet up...you've had a rough day. I'll take over." He is the most Christlike man on earth. I adore him.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Happy Birthday to Pete...#56
We wanted to give him a gift just for him. Now I know we just started a diet and are planning to add exercise but we still want him to know it's ok to rest sometimes so we surprised him with a leather lazy-boy recliner...
The twins were VERY excited to surprise him and loved the card they picked out...it was a musical one that said "We've waited all year long to say this.......we want ice cream we want ice cream!!" He laughed with them!
Posted by Libbi at 3:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
What a great gift!! I'd like one of those! Happy Birthday Bro. Sheridan!!
Happy birthday Mr. Pete!
Happy Birthday Pete! You truly are the most Christlike person...a good example to me! I love the recliner...and Libbi, your house looks to clean and nice!
Happy day-after-your Birthday, Pete!!
That is funny b/c yesterday was Scott's best (male)friend's* birthday, & when I was looking at your blog last night I actually said to Scott, "I think it's Pete Sheridan's birthday--or it's really soon" NO LIE.
What a nice recliner!! Sounds like he deserves it!
* I am his best female friend, so I had to distinguish that :).
What a beautiful tribute. It made me teary-eyed. It's so nice to have a companion that sacrifices and loves so deeply! You are one blessed woman. I don't know your husband that well, but I am a FAN.
AWWWWW....I wish I was there! I'm glad he had a good birthday...he told me on the phone yesterday: "It's sad that now I'm closer to 75 than 25" hahaha....he's so funny! I love my daddy!
I don't know what happened to the other comment I left?? Anyway, Happy Birthday Pete! What a great chair. I know you will enjoy it every night. (Jerry is in his right now) Glad you got a blanket. I always have to use one on my leather couch. They stay pretty but leather is not very climate friendly.
You did a great job for Pete's birthday. Noone is more deserving. Just sit back, Pete, and relax and let others do for you for a change.
Post a Comment