Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, January 3, 2009

MAH (Mother Away from Home)

Andrew refers to LaNelle as his MAH, or...Mother Away from Home. She has had a very busy few days...

Andrew, Jenny, and Patti flew in to SLC on Friday afternoon. LaNelle had booked them seats on the shuttle up to Rexburg and tracked the flight, switching their shuttles back and forth to get them on the quickest one. They got into Rexburg about 9 pm and she picked them up and took them back to her apt where she had a hot supper waiting. On Saturday, she got everyone to their apartment complexes and unloaded...took Andrew for a haircut and everyone to Walmart for supplies, out to our storage unit and back to the apartments..to the grocery store and back...and even made Andrew's bed!!

I know the kids appreciated her efforts to welcome them and especially her desire to put Jenny at ease and make her feel as if she has family out in frozen world...they have all thanked her... but I wanted to take a moment and tell the world (ok my world anyway) how very thankful I am for not only her willingness to help them but her JOY at being able to serve them!

She saw Brittany Pinson and her Dad at Walmart and reports that Brittany looked happy and gorgeous! Holly is out there somewhere with her Mom and Jill and her husband will be back soon. So there is a little mini Palmetto State group in Rexburg and LaNelle wants to get them all together once a month for a home cooked meal and some "southern comforting".

LaLa, we are soooo thankful you are there to mother all the kids so far from home...
GOOD JOB MAH!!

Y'all have fun and tell everyone to post pictures!!!!

8 comments:

Libbi said...

wow you made me sound pretty cool! Thank you! You totally almost made me cry and I have had one LONG night at work so it was so nice to read that! I love helping and I miss ya'll so much!

Libbi said...

woops this is LaNelle not Libbi haha...I forgot to sign back out of your account after changing your blog background...hope you like it!

Libbi said...

love love love my background...thanks!!

Leigh This Way said...

After reading the comments I was confused for a bit. I know its so great for Andrew and Patti to have Nell out there so that they don't feel so alone. In my opinion, moving to a new place where you don't know anyone, is one of the scariest things. Nell sure is gonna make a great mom one day!

kim e said...

What a great big sister! Lanelle is so sweet. I hope her year brings all good things and for all of you.

Mikelene said...

What an awesome sister!

Marina said...

You sure have raised a generation that is marked for greatness. Seriously, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Jackie said...

Amen to what Marina said! LaNelle, you can only hope to "grow up" to be half as great as your mom! And you're already pretty dang awesome!!