I know many of you are in leadership positions and may need a service project or just want a family project so I am posting below a notice that has been running in our employee newsletter. Please call if y'all are interested! I can personally tell you that either is GREATLY appreciated!
THANKS, my friends!!
From Children’s Hospital
1) Children’s Hospital’s Sew CAPtivating program allows pediatric surgery patients to choose their own hand-made keepsake surgical caps. Available in every color of the rainbow with themes ranging from favorite sports teams to Disney characters, the caps serve as icebreakers connecting pre-operative nurses with their young, typically frightened patients. Employees are encouraged to donate lively fabrics to the Child Life Surgery department and/or spread the word to service organizations (sewing clubs, church groups, sororities, etc.) that might help sew the caps. Contact , 803-434-2151.
2) Children’s Hospital’s Child Life program needs new stuffed animals for comforting inpatient children and patients in the Children’s Emergency Center and Outpatient Surgery. Employees are encouraged to have their local schools, Sunday school classes, reading clubs, sewing clubs and professional groups collect and donate stuffed toys. For more information, contact , 803-434-4368.






2 comments:
oh, I would LOVE to do something like that! I might not be very good at sewing but please tell me some way I can help!
Emmi..you can look for cute material on clearance racks or yard sales to donate to be used to make the caps...
Post a Comment