Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to School

We spent New year's Day with our good friends, The Dowdy's, in Charlotte. (Note we are NOT mentioning the dumb Bowl Game!!) The kids left the next day to head back to school. We were all exhausted and emotional and the pictures show that...so did Andrew's new luggage tag...The boys were NOT in the mood for pictures. The girls tried to cooperate...

Connor was just miserable. He HATES for is brothers to leave...
After checking luggage, we waited for Jenny to arrive...and Sarah Beth started getting sad, too
Jenny's Mom, brother, sister, and nephew came to see her off and at first they were all smiles
but soon the tears were flowing...
The college kids were soooo excited to get out West...
One last "secret brother handshake routine"...

one last sisters' hug...
and they were gone...
just don't forget what Patti's luggage tag states...

7 comments:

kim e said...

Oh, I hate those going away trips. I am so looking forward to my next trip to the airport b/c it is a coming home for my Will! 23 days if you were wondering.

Mikelene said...

Love the luggage tags. Seeing Connor's sad face made me teary eyed. What a sweet boy.
I didn't realize Jenny was headed out there! Hope they all have a great semester!

Marina said...

I love the way the boys are so close, but hate that the separation had to come so soon. You've got such an awesome family!

LaNelle said...

well they would have been crying harder if i was leaving...haha jk and the funniest part about those luggage tags is that all they were good for were those pictures becasue no one ever wrote the info on the actual tags...I pulled them out they were blank. And I'm so sorry that ya'll are sad, but thankful that I have family here again!

Jackie said...

I remember all too well the kids leaving home. How bittersweet! How can we be so happy for them and at the same time, so sad that they are leaving? Thank goodness for cell phones!

Christi said...

I love those luggage tags!

Anonymous said...

bittersweet times!!!