Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

No, Doctor, I have no idea why my knee won't heal...

Peter's mission was cut short when he destroyed his knee on the Basketball court...I thought the orthopaedic surgeon was nutso when he told me...and I quote..."This is a very serious knee injury and it will be at least a year until he is recovered and I am not sure his knee will ever fully recover." hmmm...it's been 3 years now and Peter will have his 4th surgery on March 13th in another attempt to give him an ACL after bone implants last October..forget the miniscus..gone forever....recently, his doctor had a "serious" conversation with him and explained that if he wanted to save his knee, he needed to find some new sports...what do you think? Is he a compliant patient??? I think not..


Boys will be boys!!! but this boy is supposedly a genius...gotta love my knucklehead...

2 comments:

LaNelle said...

you forgot to add the pictures of him sledding in Idaho and jumping from a fence into the snow and climbing a HUGE pile of snow. Yes, he is a dumby...a smart dumby, but still dumb! haha your post captured his attitude so well...I loved it and laughed hard!

Marina said...

I have to laugh bc I have one just like him...my husband.

His ankles are so messed up, his doctor told him he is not allowed to run at all, or he will be looking at getting them fused to his leg. Does he listen? No...he plays bball and the sorts all the time.

Boys are awesome! It's just within them to play.