Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, September 11, 2009

I Believe in Miracles



Years ago, I had a little fellow in the PICU and he had been gravely injured. Not one doctor or nurse expected him to survive. It was impossible. His mama refused to believe the reports. She stayed at his side for weeks, singing, softly talking, playing music, reading to him. I was a tech then and every night as I came in to bathe this little comatose boy, she greeted me the exact same way, "Libbi, do you believe in miracles?" and I answered her the same way every night, "I see miracles happen here all the time". Then she would ask me to pray for her boy and I always answered, "I will. I pray for all of these children and their families." (and I do) I witnessed a miracle happen with Evan (I can say his name because his Mama has published his story during our fundraisers). It was slow but steady and he left us for rehab...he is now a healthy, happy, completely well young man. Because his Mama prayed. and she believed in miracles. Many many parents have faith, pray and believe in miracles and yet they do not receive one...and I don't have an answer for that...but I purchased this necklace from Mrs R of therhouse to help fund their fight for Gavin (they have a child in a contested adoption...my prayers are with them as they fight for their boy)...but I also bought it to wear to the PICU to remind me to pray and to remember that I DO BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!!!!! (you can help fight for Gavin, too...here is the website (I don't know how to do it any other way..someone teach me) http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30375881

2 comments:

LaNelle said...

LOVE your post! And LOVE that you bought one of the necklaces...I feel like you are supporting me because you know how much I love therhouse and want to support Mrs. R because her words have supported me so many times over the past two years! And I will teach you how to do a link another way...its easy!

The Gould Family said...

We love the R family here too!! Praying for Gavin and their family everyday. Love the necklace and the story.