We have had so much fun having school at home! Our teacher, Mrs. Hathaway, is very helpful and SCVSC is very supporive. We sleep till 9 (well I get up earlier) and start school at 10 am! We are usually done with Math, History and Language Arts by 1 pm. We have a late lunch then and the twins play outside and/or read independently. Pete has science with them twice a week in the evenings and they have music on Sundays at primary. In the afternoon, they usually have a project (either art or health or history related) or "own your own" work (similar to homework but hey...all our work is at home!). It is fun..takes all my time but enormously satisfying to me to spend it with them! and I love afternoon naps and can take one now (with NO GUILT!!!!!) while Andrew does PE everyday at the track with the twins (and assorted coaches kids) while he also helps coach the Gilbert High Cross Country team. So we are off to a GREAT START!!!!!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
Sounds like it is going good. I am sure it will be a fun year.
cute little picture! I'm glad ya'll are doing good. I guess I'm the only one in the family that has to be at school for a full seven hour day! haha
Have a good year and study hard!!!
I know how much I enjoy doing homeschooling with my kids and don't have to have a strict time schedule for everything! My kids are learning all the time and that is very satisfying for me!
I'm so glad its working out for you. It sounds like fun!
sounds like ya'll are starting off with a great year! i luv doing my school at home because it's easier to focus on my school work and i get to spend a lot more time with my family! ya'll have a great year!!
P.S.- Tell sarah beth and connor that emily says HI!! <3
Post a Comment