Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, August 11, 2008

A Lowcountry girl at home on the River!!!!!

Ok...I hate posting pics of myself for obvious reasons but this was the one thing I did all summer JUST FOR ME!!!! but as it turned out...it was everyone's favorite activity. Ok, so we really were kids on the Santee Cooper and this is the North Edisto but a lowcountry river all the same!!!! We had more gators and no dolphins but other than that...I felt at home and so peaceful!!!!!!! and I ached with missing my grandparents...

Andrew helped Aunt Laurel catch her first fish and she was so excited she did a dance...and we all howled with her!!!!
Andrew was okay with the "catch and release" concept since we had no way to cook them but he was not letting this baby fish keep his morsel of shrimp bait!! He yanked it out of that fish' tiny mouth before throwing him back in!!!!!
We anchored off this little island to swim and play
Pete was wishing he had his metal detector!!!!!

If you want to fish, anchor near a wreck...
and look for waiting sea gulls...they know where the fish are...and the sting rays and sharks too!!!
Andrew was so happy to be on the water...he would have fished all week!!!!
Connor quickly became proficient with the reel!
and he caught his first fish too!!!!


A gorgeous picture of Sarah Beth soaking in the rays!
she loved her turn to "drive"
and Connor loved turning and twisting!
Connor takes a break from fishing to eat a sandwich
and every lowcountry kid knows how to go crabbing!!!!



Uncle Floyd and Andrew checking out the charts before we leave!
Connor loved the boat!
Connor spotted the first of many many many
dolphins...bottlenose dolphins love to play in the North Edisto and there were tons all around us...it was so fun to watch and Uncle Floyd is an expert at making noise on the boat's side that brings them right to the boat!
We were loading our skiff as a big ole boat was unloading huge fish and icing them down with a big tube that shot out crushed ice...the fishermen were a little rough to look at but they were nice to the kids and it was fun to be at a tiny fishing operation way back in the woods on Wadmalaw Island...if you want good times, go see Mark at Bohicket (not Bohicket Marina..they are the citified fancy guys...go to Bohicket boat rental and adventure) on Cherry Point Rd on Wadmalaw...if you aren't as comfortable as we are on the river then he'll take you on a charter tour...or just come get me and I'll be your guide and I'll go for free!!!!!!hahahahha




4 comments:

LaNelle said...

Ugh! Now I'm even more jealous! But I'm glad ya'll had fun...I just wish I could have been there! I love the pictures...the twins are so stinking cute!

Anonymous said...

fish - ewww!!!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

Oh, Seth would love to have been there! (He has told me several times, I want to go fishing, but his mother does not fish!) I thought, wow, I must have neglected reading this post for weeks, then I saw the date and realized you put them all up yesterday, so I'm not so far behind - you are. haha :) What fun summer stories your twins have to end the summer with. Are they starting the 21st too?

Anonymous said...

Okay now...you have vacationed all summer...we are jealous...hahaha! I'm glad ya'll had a great summer and were able to spend so much time together as a family!