Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Scholarship Update



My heart is so very sad. I spoke to several people today who received emails last week from the board asking them to come to a board meeting tomorrow. So, I called my contact at the board and she said, "Hi Elizabeth...awards will be announced tomorrow and letters sent to those who didn't win." She wasn't curt but she almost was and she rushed off the phone. I double checked with my manager and director and I have not been invited to the meeting so that pretty much assures that I did not get the scholarship. I do not know why...I know they like me and I know I nailed their questions. I am so sad and really am considering not continuing school but then I'd have to start paying back the enormous student loans for the kids so I guess I'll pay for one class at a time...and maybe we will wait a year to buy a house...which really really stinks!!!! But, I love my job and they did make it possible for me to be a nurse so I need to snap out of it and be grateful for all of my blessings (but still...$10,000!!!!!)

Thank goodness I get to spend next week at the BEACH!!!!! Nothing soothes my soul more than the caress of ocean breezes, the scent of suntan oil and salt, and the sound of crashing waves...some beach somewhere... 5 more days...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the beach always helps!!!

LaNelle said...

They are just dumb...ok that probably doesn't help but that is all that I can think tos ay. Dumb Dumb Dumb! I still love you and think you are the best!

The Gould Family said...

oh man! I was really hoping when I first read this a few days ago that there was still a chance you'd get it!
You definitely nailed all the questions! If I were on the board I would have given you the scholarship!
Will you reapply next year?

Jean said...

Sorry you didn't get the scholarship. This hasn't been a great year for any of us...hahaha...except for LaNelle! I was sure you had it but you know...there is always next year!

Libbi said...

Not getting the scholarship was dissappointing but it does not come even a million miles close to the bad year you have had Jean...not at all! Thank you for gently reminding me to count my very real very precious blessings!!!!!!!!!!