Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Mouse in the Van!!!


Yesterday was a traumatic day!! I had my INTERVIEW for the $10,000 scholarship and so was already nervous. First, I had to take Patti to a doctor downtown. I was parellel parking and so I opened my van door to see if I was in the line and as I looked down, I saw a MOUSE jump onto my van and was scrambling trying to get in the door!!!! I freaked and slammed the door and turned to Patti who was in mid sentence and screamed, "GET OUT!! Open your door and get out!!" and I scrambled almost over her in my rush to GET OUT OF THAT VAN!!!! We both tumbled out and I ran around the van (and stood in the road) and saw to my absolute HORROR, the tail of a mouse hanging out of my closed door. Patti and I screamed and screamed and I ran back around, opened Patti's door and peered in but no mouse was visible on the inside..I ran back around and Patti and I continued to stand in the road while cars changed lanes to avoid us. We discussed options. I didn't want to open the door and allow the kritter to get in my van...Patti wanted to hold its tail while I opened the door so she could fling it out (I appreciated her bravery but I could not stand the thought!!) so I did what I always do...I called my knight in shining armour. Pete said, "Are you kidding me? I am on my way to a meeting..." I said, "I don't care...this is a man job and I cannot do it. You have to come right now and get this mouse out. I cannot drive with a mouse in my van.." I was hysterical... So he came... but to my ultimate terror, by the time he got there, the tail had disappeared!!! Ohmygraciousgoodness was that mouse in my vehicle????? He threw open all the doors, looked under the hood, checked under seats and in all compartments and declared the van "mousefree" but I could not would not absolutely refused to get in that van....now understand, if your heart stops, call me. If your child is so sick he needs 15 medfusion pumps running with pressor drips that have to titrated up and down based on vital signs and calculted out to mcg/kg/min, I'm your girl! but I DO NOT DO KRITTERS!!! Yes, I am a low country girl but I hate mice...I don't even like Tom and Jerry and I avoid Mickey Mouse at Disney World... so I took the keys to Pete's ratty old cracked windshield dirty disgusting camry and very happily drove to my interview with Patti while Pete laughingly left in the mouse van. I know I'll have to drive it eventually...but not today!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Libbi - that is so disgusting and I would've done the exact same thing you did but I couldn't help but bust out laughing because I could just see you and Patti, clear as day, jumping up and down in the road screaming because a mouse was in your car.

Pamelia said...

I'm glad that Pete came to your rescue!!!

Jean said...

I am so afraid of mice so I can totally relate and I can tell you that I would not have driven the van either and wouldn't until they had taken it apart to make sure the mouse was gone! I guess you can tell we are sisters...hahaha!

LaNelle said...

This story gives me the hibbie jibbies and makes me think about a time that a mouse made its appearance in our kitchen in Charlotte in the middle of a day you were teaching Joy school! haha Since I know how you reacted then I am not at all surprised at your reaction this time haha!

kim e said...

I would have freaked out too. I almost wrecked my car one time when a lizard ran across the dash board. I don't do any critters either!!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

oh my goodness I laughed and laughed! I call Rob every time I have to deal with a bug in the house. If he's in the house, he'll do it (complaining if I wake up him to do it), but when he's at work, he won't come home to take care of a bug. (I used to make Carolyn deal with them, but now she's scared too....) I still won't use, touch, or hang anything that might touch my body on certain walls in my bathroom that are now marked as "infected" by a bug(s).