Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy Memorial Day

Patti was such a good sport!!


Am I tired...or what????


Such a gorgeous day

Kids are so easy to please!

Dad can be so funny...but always ready to serve his family!

ok...so usually we go to the beach for holidays but with gas prices skyrocketing and sooo many beach trips planned for the summer, we thought we'd just go to the lake...bad idea! I had worked all night and was exhausted (see my previous post!) so I took a 3 hour nap while Pete gathered stuff for a portable "cook-out" and packed the van with lake stuff. I awoke before noon and we went to the dam but it was so crowded they were not allowing anyone in. So...we went to Saluda Shoals park thinking we'd enjoy our lunch there while the twins played in the massive sprinklers...but it was closed for the holiday (how dumb!!!) So, we rode back by the dam but it was still too crowded and the lot was closed...now it was almost 2 and we were hungry and hot and the kids were growing restless...so we went to Walmart and bought a fun sprinkler and returned home, unloaded the van and ate on our back porch and watched the kids run through the sprinkler...not the great last family "Memorial Day Holiday" I wanted for Patti to remember but funny in its own little redneck way! (Next year I intend to have a pool and friends to invite over!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it still looks like y'all had fun - and yes at least it was a gorgeous day - Patti won't forget that when its snowing this summer in Rexburg

kim e said...

Looks fun enough! Try moving for the holiday! I think we could have had twin looks if someone had of took my photo on that day. Can't wait to see ya'll this summer.