Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, March 31, 2008

LaNelle/Jean's survery

Well, I have plenty to do but am too tired to do any of it...ok, no reason to be tired...a better word is unmotivated, but ANYWAY...here goes...

A Fun Survey
1. What is your husband's name? Peter Gerald Francis Sheridan
2. How long have you been together? over 24 years
3. How long did you date? 6 weeks and then we got engaged and we got married 4 1/2 months later...I had to hurry before one of my sisters stole him...hahahaha
4. Who eats more? Me even on Weight Watchers (I lost 2.8 pounds this week...woo hoo more than 30 pounds now!!!!)
5. Who said I love you first? Pete says he did...I couldn't remember (it was pretty close together).
6. Who is taller? neither of us are very tall..he's 5'9" and I am 5'5" (ok 5'4 1/2")
7. Who has more speeding tickets? Absolutely undeniably ME...Pete has had none since I've known him and I ...well I have got better with age and skyrocketing insurance but when I was young my cars were in Sheriff Granddaddy's name and I got STOPPED at least once a week but never ticketed and old habits are hard to break...
8. Who is smarter? OK...I am very very smart but Pete is brilliant so no wonder all 7 kids are brainiacs...even the ones that THINK they are dumb are smarter than average
9. Who is more sensitive? Pete...hands down...Pete...he is so Christlike and I love him so for it!!!
10. Who does the laundry? no one...we just buy new clothes (HAHAHAHAHA)
11. Who does the dishes? the kids...that is absolutely a kid job!!!!
12. Who sleeps on the right? I sleep anywhere but at the moment Pete is by the wall and me by the door which is the left. But that changes...we are weird like that
13. Who pays the bills? are you suppose to pay them???? I do. and I HATE HATE HATE it but I am better at stuff like that although Pete is better at STAYING on a budget because he just NEVER EVER would spend money (I mean never..no lunch money for kids, no new shoes, clothes, groceries, etc)
14. Who mows the lawn? Once upon a time it was Peter and Andrew but now it is Pete and he probably shouldn't because we have a HUGE lawn (over an acre) and a push mower but it's the only exercise he ever gets...at least until Connor takes over!!)
15. Who cooks dinner? We both do....depends on who is the busiest that night...and Pete actually TAUGHT me to cook (the basics...I knew NOTHING when we married) and then he totally left it up to me for YEARS but since I went back to school and work, he does about half and he is quite good at it!!
16. Who drives when you are together? Well that depends on how fast we need to get there...the kids beg me to drive because Pete is a slow poke and I... well, refer to question #7
17. Who is more stubborn? hahahahahaha if you don't know it's me by a mile, you are a stranger!!!! (and if you are a stranger, GET OFF MY BLOG!!!!!
18. Who asked who out first? Pete...and he asked me out for 3 dates on the night we met (the eve of the Carolina/Clemson game...which we won by the way...GO TIGERS!!!) and I said yes yes yes and then he went to NY the next day and I had to wait two whole weeks until December 1st for our date to Julie's Place to eat (I had Quiche and salad) and then the next night we decorated his Christmas tree and then the following weekend we went to his office party and my office party and then the next weekend to my FAMILY Christmas Party and I LOVE the Christmas season because that's when I found my absolute fairy tale ending true love!!!!
19. Who proposed? Pete but I KNEW it was coming because I'd seen the box from Sylvan's Jewelers..and I lost that gorgeous expensive perfect diamond that he picked out with a jeweler's glass...but I still have the box!
20. Who has more siblings? we have the same

4 comments:

Jean said...

Libbi,

I laughed the whole time reading your survey...it was good for me! I remember when you brought Pete to the family christmas party...I'm surprised he married you after that...I think it was Ma-Maw that said the funny prayer wasn't it? It was defintely true love! We have such a great family! Love, Jean

Libbi said...

yes, Jean...I had told him my Dad was a Baptist preacher and being the good "follow-all-the-rules" catholic he was, Pete was standing very quiet and reverent waiting for this spiritual moment when my Dad, THE PREACHER, would pray and Ma-Maw said "Oh come on Tommy just say "Holy Ghost come down the post and see which one of us dogs can eat the most!" My Ninna about had a heart attack she was so embarrassed but I couldn't quit laughing. I miss Ma-Maw so much! Wouldn't she just love all the kids???? I bet she is enjoying Noah...

LaNelle said...

I loved your survey! I laughed too! I still can't believe that you didn't know how to cook when you got married because you are the best cook that I know (besides Grandma and Ninna who will forever be the very best) And I laughed so hard about the speeding ticket question. I would DIE out of SHOCK if dad ever went 1/2 over the speed limit! haha

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

I loved #10 and #17! (Seth even asked me what I was laughing about at 10 - the laundry one - he even gave a chuckle.)