Can you tell I'm bored at work tonight? WE ONLY HAVE ONE PATIENT!!!! This NEVER happens. We have to have 2 nurses in the PICU at all times so I'm in charge and Kerri is the RN of our only patient and that's a step down patient (not very sick). So I've done my Relief Society lesson for next week and worked on my History and now I'm responding to Mary Beth's tag...
What I was Doing Ten Years Ago...
I was busy running my kids to dance, drama, baseball,scouts,etc. Patti was in 2nd grade, Andrew in 4th, Peter in 6th, and LaNelle in 7th. Heather was an apartment manager in Raleigh and I was missing her greatly and actually very sad about her being so far away. I was coaching Peter's Odyssey of the Mind team and we would soon win State and go to Disney World. The twins were not even remotely part of my thoughts...
Five Things on my List to do Today(TONIGHT)...
1) Check med dicrepencies
2) Complete some audits
3) Finish my History
4) Stay Awake
5) VOTE FOR PETER'S TSHIRT DESIGN
What Would I Do if Suddenly I Became a Millionaire...
1) quit work and school until my children were grown and gone
2) pay my debts
3) buy a house on 5 acres and a new car for Pete
4) pay for LaNelle and Steven to have fertility treatments
5) put 1/4 in a CD or savings account in Ashley's bank
6) send annonymous cashier checks to family and friends with the rest
Three of my Bad habits...
1) everyone knows I say bad words (I'm trying to quit!!)
2) diet coke fully loaded
3) eat too much
4) exercise too little
5) talk too much and too loud
6) quick Irish Temper
7) think I know everything
7) bossy bossy bossy
oh, yeah that's more than three...and I'm just warming up!!!!
Five Places I Have Lived...
1) All over SC (Summerton, Greater Columbia area, Orangeburg, Sumter, Hartsville)
2) Louisiana and Mississippi
3) Utah
4) Georgia
5) Charlotte, NC
Five Jobs I Have Had...
so many...my favorite is the lifetime calling of being a MOM but here goes the income producing ones...
1) appointment setter for Olan Mills Photography in High School
2) waitress for many places (mostly high end resorts but also JB's Big Boy in Provo) in college
3) Claims Adjudicator for JTPA/TRA for SC Employment Security Commission as young adult
4) Money Counter for Toys R Us/Cashier for Eckerds/Home Daycare Provider in Charlotte
5) Customer Service Rep for Educational Resources in Lexington
6) Substitute Teacher and Crossing Guard in Lexington
7) CNA/LPN/Unit Secretary/Phlebotomist and now RN/CCRN in the Peds ICU at Richland
I don't count well, do I????
Five Things People Don't Know About Me...
1) I have campaigned with my Granddaddy in many many black churches in rural SC and with him I have been in the Governor's Mansion, State House and Lace House as an invited guest and counted as close friends State and US Senators/Representatives and other politicians.
2) As a high school senior, for the school newspaper, I interviewed Jimmy Carter when he was running for President.
3) I was given an award for writing from a radio station I wrote stuff for in Hartsville, SC and I had an article published in the New Era back in the 80's.
4) I drove across the country from SC to Utah by myself in a stick shift pinto when I was 18 years old without stopping to sleep.
5) I HATE scary movies and am terrified of creepy music on the TV late at night.
What Will I Be Doing in Ten Years...
1) Getting sad about the twins being 17 and facing an empty nest.
2) Playing with and enjoying many grandchildren.
3) Working as an RN somewhere.
4) Still loving my awesome husband and being amazed that he loves me and still loving the Gospel and being amazed that Christ and Heavenly Father love me so!!!!
OKAY....TAG to all who read this...
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Mary Beth tagged me
Posted by Libbi at 5:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
i love your 5 things I didn't know about you!!!
I didn't even know that you interviewed Jimmy Carter or that you wrote for your high school newspaper. Amazing to me how much You, me and Patti are alike (different but good at the same things)
I knew some of those, but there were many I didn't know...I think I'll take the tag (later). I should go appreciate my kids and go play with them (after I order dad's bday present online)!
Post a Comment