Tiger Twins!!!
Kalib...the most precious Nemo on earth!!!We are a house divided...on favorite seasons anyway! I love the Fall...it is my favorite time of year! Pete hates it. He says that every year, he had the job of closing his family's pool for the winter and he HATED doing it because it meant the end of Summer and he hated to see summer end (Pete grew up on Long Island..on the Long Island Sound and minutes from the Atlantic Ocean! He was once a beach bum!). Fall for him signals short, cold days and growing darkness. Maybe because it is less cold in the awesome SOUTH, I feel differently. Here are a few of my reasons...in no particular order...
Football (high school, rec league, CLEMSON, football on TV/radio...I love the sport!)
Leaves Leaves Leaves (gorgeous on trees, fun to jump in, I even like seeing people burning leaves!)
Cooler Days (I hate being too warm! Unpack jeans and sweaters...Love hot chocolate on cool mornings.)
Apples (how fun to go apple picking in the mountains and then make apple cider, apple pie, apple anything!)
Outdoor Fun (bon fires, hay rides, cook outs, marshmellow roasts and corn mazes!!)
My Temple Anniversary (love reliving that awesome time of our life!)
The SC STATE FAIR (every year I pay to hear "Margaret Folk, meet your family at the rocket" because my favorite fair memories are of my Ma-maw and she loved to page people to the rocket! She's gone now but I think everyone in my family that goes to the fair pages her to the rocket just to hear her name on the loudspeaker and salute that awesome, funny relative! and I like to eat there...corn dogs, fiske fries with vinager, ice cream, elephant ears, fried snickers, oh yeah! and I always see SOMEONE that knows my daddy and they always tell me how much I look like him...and I do!)
My Birthday!!! (I'm old enough to want to ignore the addition to my age but I still like the attention! Hey everyone, help me remember to get my driver's license renewed this month!!)
Halloween (I love to see the kids costumes, the "neighborlyness" of trick or treating, the candy!! but I don't like how "adult trashy" Halloween is becoming!)
Holidays are COMING!!! (I do not understand people who dread the holidays and complain about the work and the shopping, etc. They are so missing the point!! I love the preparations and the cooking and the shopping and getting to be with family and friends and especially the love we all feel during the greatest time of the year!!!!)
So that's why I love the Fall. Which season do you like? Why?







3 comments:
I love Fall too and for some of the same reasons, of course, except for nasty ole' Clemson! I love the warm clothes and Kevin making me hot chocolate every night (he makes the BEST hot chocolate)
FALL is my absolute favorite - I loved starting school each year (I changed my mind about a week later), I loved going to Carolina games with my dad, I love the change in weather and colors outside, I love the state fair (mostly just the food!), I love the approaching holidays. It's the time of year Rob and I were engaged. It's when my first two babies were born. It's when I think of the most projects I want to do/make (and somehow the time when I tend to have the most visits to and from family). I love it!
I am always ready for the change of season and I could tell you something wonderful about each one but I think I like winter best. I love to snuggle under blankets when it is cold and I love fire places and hot chocolate. I love Christmas and seeing so much family and I love January b/c we get a fresh start to be good all year long! I will really love Jan. 2009 when my Will-Will gets to come home.
Post a Comment