I was pregnant with Patti here...and that was still 100 pounds ago!!! It's my favorite picture of us..I was 28, Pete was 36 and we had 4 children...Heather, LaNelle, Peter, Andrew with 3 more inthe wings!!
Today is my grandparents anniversary...they were married a month shy of 67 years when my granddaddy died so I though it would be appropriate to answer Mary Beth today. Mary Beth challenged us to write about why we love being married...oh my I could write a book!!! MB said it so very well when she added that article. In one sentence...no matter what I look like or how I act...Pete sees the me our Heavenly Father sees...the potential and the me I am STRIVING to be. He pushes away all the JUNK, refuses to believe I am less than amazing and loves me completely. Someone said, love is blind and a smarter person said love is not blind, love sees and loves anyway. Pete sees it all and then he sees my intent (which is not always...usually not... my actions) He has my back, he is ALWAYS on my side (ask my kids, it drives them NUTS!) even before he hears the "sides". He tells me what I need to hear (even when it makes me MAD!!)...but he loves me constant through thick and thin (and there's been a lot of both!) Most of all, he honors his priesthood, has a strong and abiding love for and faith in our Savior, adores our children and truly loves my family. He is anxious for me to succeed, encourages me to spend time with my girlfriends and never views his share of parenting as "babysitting". He's patient, kind, gentle, smart and yes MB, I STILL THINK HE"S HOT!!!!!!! He never enters a room that part of me is not aware and smiling (even when I'm frustrated with him) OK...that's more than a sentence and I'm not warmed up yet! You get the picture. He is truly the wind beneath my wings.






5 comments:
That is my favorite picture of ya'll too! I have such wonderful parents who are such good examples!
I LOVED reading that. Thank you for that posting.
thank you for that Libbi - it was wonderful!
YOU LOOK SO HOT IN THAT PICTURE -- Kevin agreed too!
That was perfect! You should be a writer, everything you write is so beautiful.
oh and i agree with MB (and Kevin) you look HOT!! Hot AND pregnant... woo wee!! ;0)
Wow! You never shared that picture with me before. No wonder Pete married you! And yes, you are the most Amazing person I know.
Post a Comment