Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

More than girlfriends...


You all know I love my girlfriends...I am lucky to have a group of girlfriends that love me just as I am and we hold nothing back and our annual girlfriend shopping trip is my main source of therapy. We know secrets about each others' lives and guard that trust and have a special feeling of love for each others' children...even the ones who THINK we don't know them! Girlfriends are great!! and I have other girlfriends from different periods and areas of my life whom I treasure and love and NEED! I am ALSO blessed with biological sisters that I could not live without. They go all the way back to the crib and share my exact DNA pool and understand me and love me in a way no one else on earth could! I need both old and new girlfriends and sisters to keep up with my fast-lane-often-out-of-control life. They anchor me, uphold me, and gently (or not) guide me, and they love me...warts and all!
Today, though, I am especially thankful for two of my girlfriends who, over the years, have completely blended that sister/girlfriend role and are truly MORE than a girlfriend...they are my true sisters! One of Jackie's daughters recently asked if my Labor Day family party included her and so I thought maybe I haven't been clear enough...in my mind and my heart, Jackie and Lauralan (and their families) are ALWAYS considered part of my family. They are invited by that family bond to any party I throw...ever! They are my family....ALWAYS! we may not spend Christmas eve or beach vacations together but you know what??? you'd always be welcome...

5 comments:

Jean said...

Sweet post...some friends are so close to our heart that they become as family to us and isn't it wonderful to love others so completely that the lines blur between family and friendship. I'm so happy you have found those types of friends because you chose them....you are just stuck with us, like it or not..hahaha! I love you!!!

Mary Beth said...

i'm glad I'm one of those that you consider your daughter even though I'm not really - because I consider you my second mom

Libbi said...

haha Jean...you know I am so glad to be stuck with y'all!!!!! I am one of the few lucky people to consider my sisters to also be my girlfriends!!!! brat!

Jackie said...

Oh, thank you so much Libbi. I know that you do not have one shred of doubt that my whole family loves you! Now that you will have this big, awesome house, how about we all get together for Thanksgiving?!?!?!

kim e said...

We have all been blessed along the way of life with so many wonderful friends. I am so glad for our parents who set such a good example of being friends and welcoming so many into our home. I have always been thankful for you and Jean b/c I got to have my girlfriends with me all the time growing up!