Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Friends indeed...

We closed!!!! Oh it was a wonderful feeling to walk out of that office with KEYS to our new home!! And, then came even more blessings...my girlfriends came to help. Jackie came with kilz and brushes and rollers and went and bought paint and dropcloths and even a ladder...and then they painted my dining room and kitchen...it made such an enormous difference. I can't even describe how grateful I am for their unselfish service. Jackie, Lauralan, Lynn, and Christi stayed late painting and were back early Saturday morning for more. Mary Beth brought her children and served as lifeguard in the broiling sun for hours keeping all the helpers' children safe in the pool...and then she came in to prove she really does work out at the gym by carrying furniture up to the bonus room and creating a really nice room!! Christi took (literally) nothing and created such beauty in our "pretty room". I can't wait to show you pictures...it's so incredible to me...I felt like we were on HGTV's re-design! The men from Church, led by Kevin, were awesome. They loaded, unloaded, put together and just helped in so many ways. Kevin even took my Daddy's shotgun that Pete had put in the attic (he can't help it y'all, he's a citified New Yorker and didn't know better) and is restoring it for us...now that's a dedicated Elder's Quorum President!! Bishop Adams and Charlene brought supper. We were served by so many people in so many ways that I feel overwhelmed. We have AMAZING friends

And it is so beautiful, so peaceful, so calm. SO CLEAN!!! I am so happy.

Thank you friends. Thank you. You will never know how much you mean to me and how much peace and joy you brought into our home. But Heavenly Father knows and he will bless you for me!! You know you will always be welcome and your presence will always make me happy!

p.s. Christi took a few pics with Jackie's camera and soon they will be added to this post...check back for before and afters!!! or just come on over and see for yourself!!

5 comments:

LaNelle said...

SOOOOOOOO wish we could have been there! I miss ya'll and cannot wait to see your new house! It makes me smile that ya'll are back in the Lexington Ward where we started 13 1/2 years ago! And I CANNOT wait to see pictures...don't take forever on those...I'm dying here!

jacob said...

congrats on the new place, there's nothing that feels quite like that i dont think. for present or future things, will and i dont have wives or children to tend to and are always up to helping someone: family first. so if you ever need anything--803-553-7371 (that number is fine to pass along to any lovely ladies that aren't crazy as well)

Libbi said...

I love you Cob and you are welcome anytime...I'll keep an eye out for a hot single non-crazy lady...and SB is praying for you you know!! heehee

Mary Beth said...

it was so much fun to help - I wish I could've helped more. Oh so that's the gun that kevin was messing with on saturday - he came home and started working on it while Maizeigh slept.
But the fact remains you have moved into the best ward with all your loving friends

Jean said...

Friends are SO GREAT...and I am so happy that you have a wonderful new house that is all fixed up just perfect! I can't wait to see it! I know it is beautiful and I hope you will have many happy years there! How wonderful!!!!