Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, June 6, 2009

No Pictures from Idaho/Utah...no Blackberry either...

So most everyone knows I recently went to Utah/Idaho with my good friend and visiting teacher, Marietta Pinson. We drove to Atlanta, parked at the Marriott and took their shuttle to the airport...which is when I realized I had left my blackberry in my truck!! grrrrr.... (that's what happens when you work 6 12 hour night shifts in one week and then leave immediately for a trip!!)

So...I had no way to snap pictures and update my Facebook, no way to call my dear friends, the Brooksbys :(((( and no way to contact MB's friend Ash...

BUT...we had a great time!! Temple Square was awesome as was seeing my precious LaNelle and Steven! (they will join us at the beach in 3 weeks!!!!) We ate lunch at the Lion House and supper at the Garden restaurant on top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building and the roof was retracted and it was just GORGEOUS!!! We even got to sit in on the Mormon Tabernacle Choir rehearsing (where I do what I always do and looked for a glimpse of an old roommate...I have no idea that Wendy even is in the choir but she should be!!) and they were awesome as usual! It was so much fun. David (Steven's brother) made it home from his mission with honor and I caught a glimpse of him and he seemed healthy and handsome and we wish him joy. His mama is so glad to have him back home with her!!

Of course there was a little drama and all who know me will not be surprised that operating on almost no sleep, I allowed my mouth to take me on a quick trip to the low road...that's when travelling with your VT and very righteous daughter proves to be a blessing...they sweetly and quickly hauled me back up to higher ground...THANKS Marietta and Patti!!

Idaho was actually very pretty in May...and it was so good to see my crazy but so much fun son! Andrew continues to be surrounded by friends and we went nowhere without meeting tons of people who know and love him. He played an awesome game of baseball and his team, THUNDER came from behind (14-3) and won (15-14). He had a great hit and did some awesome base running...I forgot how much fun it is to watch him steal bases. He is the ward mission leader and taught a great lesson in Missionary Prep where it is obvious he is well-liked. Then, Marietta, her daughter Brit and Patti and I served a HUGE southern meal to about 14 kids...they will not soon forget it and it was tons of fun!! Fried pork chops, chicken, green beans, baked mac n cheese, creamed potatoes, butter beans, squash casserole, yeast rolls, banana pudding, dirt cake and punch...yeah...we were hurting! We should have invited more because we had leftovers but Andrew's awesome friend, Kort, assured me he would do his best to consume all of the mac and cheese! I wish I could have stayed longer!

When I find my camera cord, I will add the few pics I took...for now it's good to be home!!!

3 comments:

Leigh This Way said...

oh gosh, Yum, I wish I could have been there to eat some of that yummy food! I'm so glad that you were able to go out and spend time with you kids. I know how much you miss/worry about them especially since you can't see them everyday.

The Gould Family said...

Sounds like a nice trip! Glad Idaho behaved while you were here and didn't snow or anything! (Wierder things have happened!!) Sad we didn't get to meet up with you, I did look for you guys everywhere I went that weekend.... Walmart... Broulims... etc! ;-)

LaNelle said...

I love that you didn't say that your daughter LaNelle helped encourage you to stop the drama haha...I say "GO MOMMA! You TELL EM!" hahaha
We had tons of fun, we wish that you could have stayed longer but we cannot wait until the beach! WOO HOO!