Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Patti...I owe you Girl!!!

patti is 19..and has been for almost 2 weeks now...we went to the beach to celebrate but it was cold and windy...and I've been marathon working every since then so we can go to Utah/Idaho on Wednesday..so no BIRTHDAY POST...I keep wanting to wait until I am home and awake and not doing school with the twins so I can post pics and a tribute but since it will be a few weeks before that happens...I COULDN'T wait any longer to simply say...

19 years and 13 days ago, after 28 short minutes of labor and one minute of pushing(1st contraction to delivery..for real!) Pete and I were blessed with this incredible, laughing, happy-go-lucky, service minded, sweet tempered, and a little wacky daughter..she was over 8 pounds and bald and blue-eyed and I was SO HAPPY she was a girl!!!!!
and 19 years and 13 days later, I am still in awe of this fabulous daughter! She got the hand-me-downs, the leftover toys, the Lupus weary Mama, the short end of every stick..and yet, she is joyful..never holds a grudge...and loves her family...and we love her!
I love you Patti-cake!!

2 comments:

Jean said...

I remember how adorable she was when she was a baby and how I loved to hold her all the time! I also remember when I got married, she was two and she sampled all the food on the reception table...took a bite, put it back..hahahahaha! I love Patti!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

Wasn't she born on mother's day?