Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Quotes...

I love quotes...maybe because I love words... anyoldway, here are some of my latest favs I stole from blogs, Facebook, conversations, grandparents, etc and they may be misquoted and I forgot some of the references...so sue me....

Don't let people drive you crazy...especially since it's within walking distance! (Darrel's FB)
We all have burdens...it's how we carry them that counts. (Marina's FB)
Girl, you think you have all the answers when you aint even lived long enough to know the questions! (Amy's Blog)
Do not let ANYONE tinkle on you and tell you it's raining!! (Mammy)
when you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and use it as a foothold to rest until you can climb back up!!
I know he's the prince but he still has brown hair and I don't like brown haired boys! (SB)
Miss Jackie got us seats so close we could see their business!! (Pazlan)
It might have been your mistake but the problem it caused is ours and we'll face it together.
(my precious perfect-for-me husband)
I brought you into this world and I can take you out...(my Dad)
Always remember, every single person you will meet on earth has good and bad within..they may just have developed one more than the other..but the potential for good is within everyone, so instead of focusing on the bad, find a way to help them increase the good. (in my graduation letter from my Mama)
when you can't sleep, don't count sheep, talk to the shepherd.
Most people are about as happy as they make up their mind to be. (Lincoln)
A candle never loses any of it's brightness by lighting another candle.
It takes about 3 feet of water to get people in Church and less than an inch to keep them out. (my Dad, the Baptist Preacher!!)
Pray like everything depends on God and then get up and work as if it all depends on you.
If you need help, ask. That's what family is for...anyway, did you ever see a hearse followed by an armored car? You can't take it with you! (Granddaddy)
In case you haven't noticed, Mom, I don't run with a pack.
I was cut out to be rich...some dummy just sewed me up wrong!
Never be intimidated..he puts his britches on just like you do.
(ok y'all might find this one hard to believe so imagine back 30+ years, 100+ pounds, and add some long forgotten style and my grandparents' money....)
Ninna to me at the exclusive boutique where we were shopping: Perhaps you will want to buy a few things now and more when you see what the other college girls are wearing?
Me with some eye rolling: Phh...let them see what I'm wearing and then they can go shopping!

3 comments:

Leigh This Way said...

I love quotes too! I think its cause it amazes me how just a few words put together the right way can mean so much.

Marina said...

When people can articulate profound truth in a short phrase I'm always amazed. I love great quotes! They inspire me and make me smile. Thanks for sharing your gold mine. :)

Mary Beth said...

those are so good! they all made me smile and think! :o)