I have been a Blogger Bum lately...I love reading family and friends' blogs but have been too busy lately to keep up...or even post!! My family likes to tell me I am either working or on vacation and in the Spring and Summer, that is pretty true! So, I have been working 4-6 days straight, packing, off to the beach, unpacking (or not), and working again...and taking online classes for my BSN all at the same time...exhausting!
One major problem is that I work nights and try as I might, I cannot seem to get good sleep during the day...my family freezes while I swelter...or it is too light or loud or usually, there is just so much to do...or somewhere I'd rather be...and so I go without sleep.
This is creating major havoc with my health. Seriously. My lupus is giving me grave concern for the first time in YEARS...and I want to cry about that. SO WHAT TO DO?????
Obviously, I have no self-discipline (the diet dropout woes might clue you in to that) and my family is so accustomed to me sleeping a couple of hours and being back up and going that they sort of expect that (although can I just have a time out here and say Peter has been an absolute ANGEL about disappearing with the twins so I can sleep???)...so, after much prayer and thought and talk, Pete and I have made a decision...
Good things: A NORMAL SLEEP/WAKE SCHEDULE for the first time in 7 years!
Sleeping with my sweetheart EVERY night (woo hoo!!!)
More professional development/more opportunity for learning/advancement
Major improvement in health
Bad things: Kids go back to traditional school
twins need afterschool care twice a week (anyone interested????)
LESS MONEY!!!! (no more $3/hr night diff= @$450 less/month plus childcare)
Scheduled weekends (day shift is assigned 2 Fri/Sat weekends a month..UGH!)
I am already doubting this decision! But, it is the right thing to do for now. And, it means we are looking for a less expensive house now...:( glad we made this decision BEFORE we bought a house!!!
I'll try to do better with keeping you posted...I have missed so much on here...Peter's birthday, our June beach trip, my ANNIVERSARY PEARLS, the house hunting...and lots more...I'll try to catch up!!






4 comments:
I think it will be much better to be back to a "normal" life. Real school isn't horrible although you know my opinion on public vs. charter schools...I am google-ing as soon as I finish this post to find a better than public school alternative for the twiners haha or you could always send them to me! hehehe
I'm happy for you to be back to normal...I think change is good for everyone anyway!
Scott worked the (RN) night shift for YEARS. We think it messed up his metabolism. All that crazy sleep/no sleep stuff. I say your health is more important. You'll find a way to make it work.
Wow, lots of change, but it does sound positive! And diet downs, yeah, let me tell you how I keep falling off the wagon. I guess it's all part of life as long as we keep trying to do better, we wouldn't want to be perfect and be translated, right?! Good luck with it all! Love, Kalia
Your health is so much more important then making that extra money! I remember as a kid my dad working the night shift at the post office and it was no fun for us kids because we had to be quite when he needed to sleep and there were lots of times that he missed out on stuff because of work. Welcome to the normal world of 9-5 (or 7-7 or whatever the shifts are there!)
Post a Comment