Ok so I don't have any pics on my computer of my wedding...but 25 years ago, in Summerton SC, my granddaddy walked me across the lawn of Summerton Baptist Church as twenty of his deputies saluted...one right after the other as we passed them...it was beyond cool. I wore a lacy white "Southern belle" wedding gown with a chapel length train and a big picture hat with a veil. My Dad performed the ceremony and Granddaddy "gave me away". The sweetest moment of my life was as we entered the church, he winked at me and whispered, "You'll always be my girl". I cried. I miss him more than words can say.
After an awesome reception both inside and on the porches of the antebellum home of my grandparents' friends, we left for Atlanta and then flew to Hedonism II in Jamaica. We loved it and vowed to return for our 25th anniversary but our lives and values are so different now, we wouldn't have fun if we returned...at least I don't think so...too much drinking and partying and nudity...(not that we liked nudity even then...we had no idea until we were there...)

So Pete gave me a much more appropriate gift for our anniversary...and it blew me away...he gave me a 24 inch strand of real 8-8.5 mm pearls. They are gorgeous and I wear them constantly. Thank you Pete for such an extravagant and gorgeous gift. what did i give him?? remember that very expensive metal detector??? and i gave him a new shovel/sifter tool. ok...so not as cool as pearls but he wouldn't have worn them anyway..haha
We have had so many experiences together during this quarter of a century...five deliveries with six newborns...one miscarriage...and one teenage adoption...seven awesome children, one grandson, two fabulous sons-in-law...two weddings...Pete's baptism, our own temple sealing, going to the temple with three children, sending two sons on missions, fabulous highs and heartbreaking lows...graduations, success and failures...times I've loved him so much my heart about burst...and times when I wanted to shoot him...and even times when I was nuetral...those were actually the scariest of times but even during those, deep in my heart, I knew we'd get through it together and I NEVER have doubted our love for each other. It is an incredible thing to have that rock solid love and trust in another human...to know that there is nothing on earth that can divide you...to have grown to be one person...for that's what we are...just as every individual has different facets of their personality, we have different opinions and different likes but in everything important..we are of one mind, one heart. So I say to all you newlyweds...hang in there through the early years and the not so early full-of-stress-and-want-a-ticket-out-of-here years and even the who-cares years...pray together, have fun together, stress together..and always remember why you married him and in the end...you'll find you have the greatest treasure of all for you will have become true companions...I know I adore mine!! Happy Anniversary Peter Gerald Francis O' Sheridan Jr...so glad you asked me to dance all those years ago...

so so so SO VERY happy that we have been sealed for time and all eternity in the house of the Lord...that anniversary is September 25th...






4 comments:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
Congrats! You picked a great day (my birthday!)! How wonderful to have been married for a quarter of a century! Congratulations!!
Oh..my mistake..I didn't say that our actual anniversary was June 9...I am a little behind in my posts!!
Okay, so:
HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY!
Post a Comment