Ok. I am a law-abiding citizen. I BELIEVE in the law and I BELIEVE in proper authority and obeying the laws of the land and all that junk...seriously, I DO!!! Half my family and Pete's are law men and I hate it when they get bad press or are disrespected...BUT tonight I am reminded of the scripture about "giving a man a little authority and he will ursup unrighteous dominion"...and I'm ticked off too. So SO MAD it's a dadgum good thing I am in Raleigh and it's a really good thing Grandaddy IS NOT around or some punk highway patrolman would be in the unemployment line TOMORROW!!!! (Seriously, the first half of my life really truly no exaggerating had that kind of "pull" and it was intoxicating and every single day I miss the perks of my Granddaddy's heavy hitting political friends...it is the reason I have no fear of anything or anyone and never ever ever feel intimidated by anyone or any situation...but I have to remind myself constantly to behave because those good ole days are G-O-N-E..GONE! :( :( !!)So where was I???? Oh yes. My son..the cleancut non smoking non drinking doesn't even drink COFFEE...LDS kid was pulled tonight. By the SC Highway Patrol (did I mention my great uncles were some of the very first Hwy patrolmen in SC and my granddaddy was a SC HWY PATROLMAN when my Dad was a boy (pre-magistrate days, pre-President of SC Sheriff Assoc days, pre-politics). We LOVE the Hwy Patrol in SC but one of them is a P-U-N-K PUNK!!!
No, Peter wasn't speeding nor did he break a law...although he was given a ticket for not having his seatbelt on (he had it on but the punk insisted he didn't when he passed him. whatever! let me see the camera footage you big stupid bully!!) He was interrogated..asked "Why do you look nervous..do you have drugs in here?" He was held over 20 minutes and then threatened with being arrested because his motorcycle insurance would expire in 2 weeks (A. he sold his bike and B. the ins hasn't expired) and told again..you look nervous, what have you done? (he should have said, Nothing but my Mama is liable to bust your chops!!)
I JUST told someone today that I try not to interfere in my adult children's lives and that I work very hard to control my waspish tongue and Irish temper...how am I doing so far???? Yeah..never say what you don't do...so I guess I'll do nothing since Peter is an adult completely capable of handling himself but I am NOT HAPPY and that punk better hope he doesn't stop me...I still know a senator or three...






3 comments:
Yeah there are some bully cops out there and they really get my goat. I'm the same way to, momma and daddy taught me to respect the law but there are just some of them that you still want to punch in the face.
grrrrr...was the officer on a power trip, or what?
Who wouldn't be nervous when someone with power is bullying them? Of course he looked nervous. Is Peter calmer than the rest of the Sheridan's? I'm surprised he didn't mouth off...I know a few of you who would have! haha :)
Post a Comment