Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, November 7, 2008

Quirky things about ME!!!

When Mary Beth tagged me, I made a smart alec comment on her blog (something like, I have no quirks, I am perfect...hahaha) but then someone...maybe Sister Wolfe...said these silly things might give insights about us to our posterity...hmmm..ok..I still think I'm more quirky than normal so should probably name my top ten normal habits (whatever normal is...) but here goes...

10. I always browse through magazines from the back cover to the front ...

9. I cannot reuse a towel..I know they are clean if you just dried off and hung it up but I just HATE doing that.

8. I am terrified of scary (horror movie type) music...even the duuh duuh duuh of impending horror makes me literally sick to my stomach and my heart race...if I wake up and hear scary music I cover my head and beg Pete to turn it off quick. (now I am shaking just typing that!!)

7. I love other types of adrenaline rush...high places, roller coasters, codes at work(but only when they end good!!)

6. Love animals, don't like pets.

5. I like to do math problems..of all kinds..they are like puzzles to me and if I am bored, I do sums in my head...weirdo...

4. When I set the table...I do not care WHAT we are eating (even if it's hot dogs and chips), I like to AT LEAST have one fork, a knife, a spoon and a folded napkin...don't always do it and we often use paper/plastic because I have withered over the years, but if I had my way, I would eat EVERY meal with real china, silverware and candles on the table. My mama STILL uses only cloth napkins so between her and Ninna..some things rubbed off...

3. I hate dish rags (probably because I leave them to get all yucky in the sink) but I go through tons and tons of paper towels..don't fuss at me you environmentalists...I did my part when I used cloth diapers!

2. I cringe when refined, respectable people (or anyone else) use the word "pee". It is "teetee" if you must!

1. My number one quirk..what really sends me into the world of bonafide weirdos is...I LOVE LOVE LOVE Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) and shopping all night at Tanger (they open at midnight you know) and into the morning...love being out in my Christmas attire, love the lines outside of Belk at 3 am (Floyd, Laurel, Kim, David, DT and DeeDee..you KNOW we had fun last year!) , love talking to strangers and just being full of Christmas Spirit and love the insaneness of it all. Even when I don't want and don't intend to buy the "hot ticket items"...I just have to be there and have been known to be penniless and bust through when the door opens and grab as many big sale stuff as I can and then wait until someone is sad that they didn't get what they wanted and hand it over...now THAT is FUN!!!! oh yeah, and the best part is my Daddy meets me for breakfast at Shoneys at about 8 am when I'm done!!

So there you go..just a taste of my quirks...ok LaNelle, Katie Bug, Kim, and Jean...you're it!!

6 comments:

Marina said...

Now that is DEFINITELY something a posterity would like to hear! I especially love the Black Friday ritual of handing over the big ticketed items to those who are upset. Seriously, that is awesome! I wonder if my kids would get a kick out of doing that... I love to spark moments of service in them. Giving...now THAT is FUN! This just might be another spark in the tank for us. Thanks for the idea!

Anonymous said...

It is pee not teetee. Even though u didn't tag me I'm doing it anyway

Leigh This Way said...

You're crazy!! I hate black friday. It takes you 2 minutes to get what I need and then I end up waiting in line for 3 hours!

kim e said...

I have some of those same quirks. The towel thing...I must have a fresh one. ( My towels wear out quick but at least I don't have to worry which end was used where the time before, b/c it is fresh and clean!) Also I go for the teetee too. My Grandchildren always laugh when I say that and try to correct me. It just sounds more polite.

Marina said...

Just so you know...I shared your Black Friday ritual to our RS yesterday. They all busted out laughing in complete joy. A group of us might actually get together and do that. I love the idea of giving away stuff that you don't even have to buy. You are a genius!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Mikelene said...

MB tagged me, too. It's fun to hear what other people's quirks/pet peeves are! I use tons of paper towels, too. I figure they'll biodegrade fast, though. :)