From the time I was a young child until a few years ago, I spent most Fall Saturdays at the real "Death Valley" in Clemson, SC. I was bred to love the color orange and to this day, my pulse quickens and I cannot resist a smile when I hear "Tiger Rag". When the twins were born, we quit going and then Granddaddy died... But now Peter is a Tiger and so we finally initiated the twins to Clemson football. They are fans and have been since birth but last Saturday they donned their Orange and left at the crack of dawn to get to Tigertown in time to tailgate and visit Knickerbockers! No tickets but not to worry...LaNelle and Pete were the great negotiators and bought 6 tickets for $30 (total!). Peter and Andrew sat in the student section. Pete had Connor in the good seats and LaNelle with Sarah Beth and Steven with Patti went to opposite upper decks. Nothing mattered though because once again the Sheridan voices were raised in that awesome chant C-L-E-M-S-O-NNNNNNN! The Tigers rubbed the rock and ran down the hill as balloons were released and the band played Tiger Rag! How I wish I could have been there but I worked Friday and Saturday night ! It was fun for me to know my family was there carrying on my family tradition. Next time, I'll be there!
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
I can not believe ya'll like the NASTY Tigers!!!!
Go TIGERS! Death Valley is one of the most fun places on earth!
Cute pictures of the family, but y'all have got on the WRONG COLORS!!!!!!!
Post a Comment