Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Pretty Patti!!!








OK I tried to put on labels and can't figure out how so the pictures are in order, I think...with Andrew in Utah, with heartthrob David, with best friend since grade school Drew, her missionary bear, Gilbert branch boys Drew and Jordan, before Prom with best girlfriend Jenny, and her new glasses (an intelligent? pose)

I can hardly believe Patti is a senior and will join the gang out West next year. It will be hard to let her go because for 11 years she was my BABY! and she always will be... She has had an emotional, difficult year and a half...starting with being the "first responder" when the twins were hurt, grieving for first her grandmother and then her 5 year old cousin, ending a chapter with her big sis when LaNelle married Steven, being wrenched away from her beloved Gilbert Branch and lifelong friends and trying to fit in somewhere else, spending her last year at Girls' Camp in a room alone, seeing Andrew off at the MTC and living through the emotional heartache when he returned 6 weeks later too ill to continue his mission, falling head over heels in love with David and then having to say goodby for TWO WHOLE YEARS while he serves a mission in Bogata, being traumatized by me while attempting to learn to drive and finally giving up for now, and starting that sometimes lonely road to maturity which often leads one away from old friends for a season...yet, through it all, she remains our bright ray of sunshine, urging us to be our best and consistantly making right choices. She spoke in Sacrament today about blessings of Church activities and her testimony touched my heart. I am constantly amazed at her depth of spiritual maturity and am so proud to be her Mom. She never seeks attention nor praise and willingly takes a "back seat" when my attention is needed elsewhere. I know her day is right around the corner...hang in there Patti-cake, the sun is always brightest after a storm!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"pretty" doesn't begin to describe Patti!!!! She is so beautiful, inside and out.

Pamelia said...

I love the pictures of Patti. She is diffently a beautiful young women

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

Wow she's so grown up. Patti in my mind is still my little cousin - I can't believe she's a senior!

Anonymous said...

Life can be rough sometimes, but at least she looked totally HOT in that prom dress! Dang, that girl has a good figure! I miss y'all. Move to Lexington ward!

LaNelle said...

Patti is gorgeous...DUH! (It's kind of a Sheridan girl thing) And, she does look awesome in that dress, its a good thing her big sis was so insistant on her going prom dress shopping in Utah! I'm proud of Patti. It's crazy to me how much our lives ended up being a like. I know you love having her there, but you better enjoy the last year you have before I steal her from you!

Libbi said...

I know LaNelle..it's funny how y'all fought and wanted to be away from each other as kids and now you all can't wait to be together in Idaho! Just as long as you all return home to the South where you belong!!!