I was so so excited to have the entire Thanksgiving weekend off (after working all night the night before Thanksgiving anyway). I hadn't had the whole weekend off in 7 years...
We went to Conway as we always do and spent some time with my Dad and brother....always fun!! The food was good and then we used some leftover, expiring bluegreen points to stay at Harbour Lights (across from the Tanger Outlets and only blocks from my brother's house). Seemed like a good idea at the time...Pete and twins could sleep while we shopped and then Peter, Patti and I could sleep while they swam in the indoor pool...BIG MISTAKE!!!!!
CAN I SAY...DISGUSTING??????
It was tiny, dirty and decrepit and just plain yucky! and many of the other guests were a little too common for me...and I missed time with my Dad. The shopping was so-so. The crowds were MASSIVE...even at Tanger where it is usually comfortably crowded and festive...I actually enjoy the wild frenzy of Black Friday but just was not feeling it this year...and the sales at Tanger were dissapointing. and Kim couldn't come (I only saw her for like 3 seconds at Daddy Tom's house...). and I really missed Andrew's zany humor.
Walmart was so organized, there was no
insane but hilarious frenzy. I ran out of money long before I ran out of list...don't care, still love my house and so its worth it but everyone might just get lasagna for Christmas...
and then of course, my beloved Tigers played crummy and the nasty old gamecocks beat our tails but good!!! (but you know their fans have had a rough few years and I have some loyal gamecock fan friends that needed a boost so I honestly didn't get too upset...besides, there was not ONE miscall by the refs...USC was CLEARLY were the better team today so what can you say except "congrats"?). My boys were furious and disappointed but got immediately on the phone to accept defeat and congratulate their friends like the
men they are...gotta love classy kids!!!
so we are home. still have a paper to write and a lesson to prepare and lingering sadness about what? I do not know...well, ok, so maybe I do. I am worried about my Dad and his recent diagnosis...I love him and just cannot imagine life without Daddy Tom...and I am so worried about one of my dear friends I cannot sleep...and of course I always have concerns for various children...and there is nothing I can do but pray...
I really miss my kids...
But, I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving...
a deep and abiding testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel...not only faith but faith that brings KNOWLEDGE of the divinity of Christ and the miracle of the atonement and the awesome unbelievable but true fact that I am a daughter of the most high God and that he loves me, and have as my constant companion, the Holy Spirit to guide and comfort me in all things...
an absolutely perfect-for-me husband who loves me with all of my faults, he is so good, so kind, so loving and Christlike and he still makes me weak in the knees...
a beautiful family with awesome, talented and loving children, wonderful sons-in-law that I adore and a precious soon to be daughter-in-law that is perfect for Peter and two of the sweetest and cutest grandsons on earth...
a huge extended family that I truly love and with which I have so many beautiful and hilarious memories...
unbelievable friends...old and new...that have my back and support me and make me laugh even when I want to cry...especially my rock solid girlfriends...
a job I love with people I admire and respect...
a gorgeous, comfortable, clean home that we can afford and that is truly my own little slice of heaven on earth...
and now the Christmas Season is here...truly the most wonderful time of the year...
Hope your holidays are merry and bright....stop by anytime and we'll bake some cookies!!!
4 comments:
and in 19 days WE will be there!!! Love you!
oh and I meant to say...I love you and your blog but that background has GOT to go...it gives me a headache haha!
Let me know when your kids are coming into town - especially "BaNelle" and Steven so we can come by to visit...
I like chocolate chip cookies (just kidding - you don't have to make me cookies) :)
Well written and I love you...understand how you feel, I, too, am worried about Daddy and trying to get the Christmas Spirit! But...I have many things to be grateful for so I will celebrate this Christmas with more gratitude and a deeper sense of the Lord's love for me and us all!
Post a Comment