I don't know if I've ever posted about LaNelle and Steven's struggle with fertility...I worry over them and pray for them...and I sure cry for them often...but I know that LaNelle is usually a very private person and I have never wanted to hurt her more by speaking out of turn.
Tonight, though, my heart is so heavy for this young couple. They have consistently made good choices and have done all that they can to be obedient. They have had almost insurmountable obstacles thrown in their path since before their marriage...and they have reached to each other for strength and met each challenge head on with hearts full of faith. They are not perfect...LaNelle has her fair share of the infamous "Swilley Temper" and her Mama's "control freak" genes...but she also has a compassionate heart, a HUGE desire to serve her siblings and children everywhere...she has suffered severe dissapointment in fertility and other areas and I have had to almost literally bite my tongue off on many many occasions.
It's hard to see your child hurt. Hard to see them try hard, get knocked down, catch their breath and try again to get up and be shoved back down...and all the while be silent and let others think they are at fault...so not true!!! and ALSO have to bear the pain of infertility.
Those of us who have experienced the miracle of parenthood should always remember and be grateful for the gift...for all children are a gift. And say a little prayer for my own
Thank you.






6 comments:
Having children is something that I took for granted because it was so easy. When I watch Aubrey almost lose hers, I realized how blessed I was. I will definitely remember them in my prayers. Family and children is so much of what the Church is about that I can't even imagine the heartbreak.I pray they will be blessed.
Thank you.
I would say more but I'm crying too hard to see the screen.
So thank you. And I love you!
They are warriors in every way and they will one day be blessed for their faithful walk when there seems to be no end to their pain .... the healing power of the atonement will give them the strength to continue on...they are examples to me.
There are many things that can be said, but the hurt is still there! We love LaNelle and Steven and pray always for their heartache!
I believe in miracles and I know their little miracle will come. They are wonderful warriors and I am glad they are part of our lives.
God is always in control and His ways are not our ways, but it sure doesn't make it any easier to endure the heartaches. I do know the hurt you feel for when Kerry had her problems and I could not be there my heart nearly broke. Even now knowing she faces so much alone is diffcult but I know that God is watching over her. LaNell and Steven will one day know the joy of parenthood for too many people are praying for them and God answers.
Post a Comment