Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday 2009

We were so excited to have Andrew and Patti fly home...Ellen picked Andrew up at the airport in Greensboro and brought him to Clemson where they met Pete, Peter and the twins for Clemson's Spring Football game and Field Day. Then, they watched the first game of the Clemson-Miami series...Pete was ecstatic that his 'canes won that game...but the tigers came back and won the series! I stayed home to work Friday night and cook, clean and shop all day Saturday instead of sleeping since I was pretty sure I'd be put on call...bad choice! I was called in around 11 pm and left Andrew with the twins because Pete was on his way to get Patti from Charlotte! WHEW!!We were all about asleep in Sacrament Meeting until the Pinsons sang "I Know that my Redeemer Lives"..so incredibly spine-tingling awesome that I literally cried...it MADE my Easter Sunday! Even though we were exhausted, we were so happy that our friends came to share our HUMONGOUS Southern-style Easter Dinner. There were 20 of us and it was wonderful...the weather was beautiful, my house sparkled, and the table was gorgeous...good food and good friends and children home for a moment...such a wonderful day! (still really missed Heather and LaNelle!!) The Easter bunny even came to visit the college kids this year and brought lots of fun goodies... Andrew and Sarah Beth matched..note the sunburns from Saturday's game...


Patti looks so beautiful with long hair..she has such amazing eyes! I have missed my Patti-cake and am so glad she'll be home for over 4 months!!! (anyone need a full-time babysitter, receptionist, etc??????? She is desperate for a summer job!)


My three sons...absolutely handsome men...love their striped ties!!! (LaNelle guided that choice!)
So normally we don't do easter egg hunts on Sunday but today was so glorious it seemed a sin NOT to be outside so we had a lowkey egg hunt. I had planned an Easter story hidden among the eggs to make it a complete Sabbath activity but was so bone-exhausted from being up 48 hours, I couldn't follow through...
Why does someone always want to climb the tower???
My fig bushes are totally green now!!
I do believe Tye was getting into this...
Wonder what they were talking about???? probably their fantastic wives...
the older kids hunted because the eggs contained coins instead of candy...ahhhh money, the language that bridges the generation gap!!!!!
and what Sunday is complete without a nap??? I was afraid to fall asleep for when I do, I may sleep for days!!!!
Lauralan has not felt good for days and could not stay awake at all..she needs to go to the doctor...but I appreciate her coming over anyway!!!!
My oldest friend, Patti Hall Sawyer came and brought her daughter's family. Her granddaughter is Kalib's age (oh! I missed him today!!) and so precious and Peter was smitten by her...
They arrived late in the day but we had to have a special hunt just for Lilly! Sarah Beth and Connor loved being "the big kids" for a change
I just realized Sarah Beth changed her dress sometime today....maybe I am asleep! Hope your Easter was beautiful and spiritually full...I am so thankful today for all of the gifts my Savior has so freely given me...but especially today for the atonement...
I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

we have 12 eggs filled with scriptures and a thing that matches the scripture that we keep separate from our other eggs and just keep ready to reuse at a moment's notice each year (usually some FHE that I haven't planned before Monday night...oh wait! that's all of them!:) anyways). I can send it to you next spring in case you want to do it...it's more age appropriate for your twins than mine - who can't sit still long enough for anything!
Oh, and I hope you're sleeping right now.

kim e said...

What great photos. Looks like a wonderful day for you. Glad you got to see some of your kids. It's hard to get everyone together now that we keep growing! That's why I love blogs and emails and modern technology so we can still enjoy seeing all the fun everyone had.
Happy Spring.

Jean said...

I loved all the pictures of your great Easter day and I am so glad that you have most of your kids home. It looked like a fun day with friends and I hope you were able to get some sleep (finally!!!)! So glad you had a happy easter!

LaNelle said...

I missed ya'll too! I am glad ya'll had a fun easter! And I love all the outfits, but the pictures totally made me miss my family so much!

DeeDee said...

What great pictures (and, by the way, beautiful children). What fun to have them all with you but Heather and LaNelle. We loved getting to see them though the time was short. Looked like the Easter Bunny hopped by for all of them. What fun to be together. Bet your food was delicious. I remember how it was to come HOME and eat and eat and eat. Nothing tastes like Mom's cookin'. Thanks for sharing this special day!