Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Update from the Sheridans

We had a FaBuLoUs time in Utah/Idaho/Yellowstone!!! We took lots of fun pictures and enjoyed seeing our family and friends! However; reality is back and I am working 5 nights straight so we can go to Raleigh for my mom's surgery and then back to work one night and then immediately to Charleston for a week more of vacation...so I'll post tons of pictures and a "SUMMER VACATION" summary in mid August when we return! Until then, I hope to hear from y'all the old fashioned way...on my cell phone!! LOL Please say a prayer for my mom's surgery, Andrew's spondololysis, LaNelle and Steven's grieving hearts, Patti's first few weeks at college, Peter's last few weeks of summer work in a new place (Nashville), and the rest of us just on general principle!!! hahahaha...life does stay crazy for us, huh? Enjoy the last month of Summer Days...

5 comments:

kim e said...

Wow! As our families continue to grow and have challanges we continue to need our Heavenly Father. I am so glad He is there to see us through each trial. I will see you Wed.

Jean said...

Glad you had a great time and am grateful we can turn to prayer for all of our needs! Look forward to pictures and hearing more! I'll see you on Wednesday!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

what does andrew have and how do you pronounce that? I'll pray for you all (I pray for LaNelle regularly anyways.)

Libbi said...

Beth...Andrew has a congenital deformity of his lower spine...it's fairly common (pronounced SPAWN-da-LOL-low-sis)...gymnasts and cheerleaders often get this from repeated over extension of their back but in Andrew's case, he was probably born with it...parts of his vertebrae are missing and so now that his abs are not as tight as they once were, he is experiencing severe pain with some movements. Good PT and rest as well as strengthening of his abs will help him be able to be active again...eventually, he MAY need surgery (it's the exact same condition Grandma is having surgery for!)but he's young and healthy so not anytime soon! Anyway, he's home till after Christmas when he returns to BYU-I...hurray for us!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

wow - i guess it was pretty blessed that he was so active with good abs during his teenage years so that it wasn't a problem then. (it's not everyday you have something in common with your grandma's health! how's that for being able to say to someone "i know how you feel"!) hope the return to school in winter goes as planned for him