Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Tagged by Mary Beth

ok Mary Beth...it's quiet for a moment at work so I'll try to remember what was on this tag...



What was I doing...



20 years ago
1. Andrew was 4 months old...I was nursing him and wishing he didn't spit up so much and cry all the time (found out years later that he had reflux!!)

2. We lived in Charlotte, NC and I was attending Homemaking meetings and was so thankful Pete let our Bishop and hometeachers come to our house and give the children the ordinance of Name and Blessing!! and I prayed that one day Pete would be a member and I'd have an eternal family!

3. We had just returned from a Tybee Island beach vacation with Heather, LaNelle, Peter and my dad and DeeDee and I was counting down the days till Labor Day and our annual VACATION to Myrtle Beach (some things never change!!)



10 years ago
1. We lived in Lexington and we had recently returned from a fabulous week long trip to Disney World. I coached Peter's Odyssey of the Mind team and LaNelle and Peter's teams had won the state championship in their divisions and the World Finals was at Disney...Pete had Heather, Andrew and Patti at one of Disney's resorts and my brother Floyd was my male chaperone with our teams at the All Star Sports resort. We had a blast and were treated like VIPs while we were there...Uncle Floyd was beloved by all even though he called my team "the NERD HERD"!

2. I was excited that my sister Jean was about to deliver her third child and first son, Michael! Kim and I would both be there.

3. Patti was about to start 3rd grade and I had decided to home school her for one year. I loved having that one on one time with her!

5 years ago
1. I had just returned from taking LaNelle to BYU-I for her freshman year! I had met Steven on that trip but had no idea he would become my son-in-law 3 years later! I was missing Lanelle..and I still am.
2. I was in my second semester of school and we were struggling financially. Pete and I knew we'd probably sell our home to get out of debt (and in November we did and we'd rent a tiny 800 square foot home for two LONG years!!)
3. The twins were 2. I never had a free moment and my house was constantly upside down!

1 year ago
Noah died one year ago today. I can still feel the sick devastation...the shock and unbelief...and overwhelming urge to get to Raleigh and hold my sister. her faith sustained us then and now. I came to know how awesome and incredible and unbelievably strong Jeff and Jean are and my respect for them knows no bounds. I came to know how important a family is and what it means to mourn with those that mourn...and I cried and cried and cried and thought of Noah Noah Knot Head and could only hear in my mind Noah Noah Not Here but of course he is and always will be. We will always remember him and his beautiful brown eyes and infectious smile...always!

Yesterday
I slept because I had worked all night (after having come home late from the beach in the early hours of Friday and then sweltered in the 100 degree heat of the Peach Festival during the day and relaxed for an hour at the Lake with my girlfriends before having a horrendously busy night in the PICU!!)
Today
I will sleep since I worked last night and am on call tonight. (yuck!!!) I hate hate hate that I never seem to go to Church anymore...this has to end!!! I feel so lost and alone and it is a scary place to be.
Tomorrow
I will start my first online class for my BSN, have lab work done, pay bills, clean my house, grocery shop, get Andrew a new SS card and Driver's License (he lost his wallet) and get Patti a new permit (hers expired) and take Patti to the Doctor (college physical) and oh yeah...take a nap since I'll probably have worked all night and then cook supper and have FHE.
Next Year
I will finish my BSN and be done with school FOREVER, welcome a new grandchild!!!, have everyone off to college except for the twins, celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary by going on a cruise with my precious, patient, kind and fabulous husband!!!! and spend at least two weeks at the beach!!!! and buy a house that will hold 8- 12 people!!!
I think that was it...I tag anyone over 30!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for doing that - its so wonderful to hear great stories from long ago (or even from yesterday)

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

Libbi - get some sleep! Do you ever take a break (other than the occasional beach trip which probably is more rush than break)??
How on earth do you do so much an keep on moving? I'd fall over after three days of your life and need to sleep for a week straight to catch up! Good luck with that BSN! love you