Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pre-Wedding Celebration

Peter and his cousin Jacob were born 9 months apart and grew up really close. They spent hours playing ball, going to tiger games (before Jacob became a gamecock!), and just being silly together. With grown-up responsibilities, they haven't spent as much time together in the last few years but the bond is still there...still strong! How appropriate that they are graduating and getting married within 6 weeks of each other! We had a pre-wedding celebration on May 15th and it was a blast! (editorial note...I put captions UNDER the pics this time) Peter, Ellen, Brittany, Jacob (LOVE the headbands!!)
Sweet Amy came to wish them well!!!
See this sweet lady? She is "Mrs. Nadine" and way back in 3rd and 4th grade, we lived in Orangeburg and Nadine and Hugh Grambling were in our congregation. I ADORED them and Mr. Hugh spent hours riding me on his tractor through his peanut farm (and to this day, boiled peanuts are my FAVORITE treat!!). They didn't have children and spoiled me totally rotten!! I learned to make hospital corners on sheets from Mr. Hugh (funny how some memories are so clear!) and loved looking at their hundreds and hundreds of arrowheads. Anyway, right before we moved away, they had their one and only child...she is sitting across from Mrs. Nadine. They named her Elizabeth (after her grandmother) but call her Libbi after ME!!! It was so awesome to see them but I was too busy being hostess to sit and talk so I'm heading to Orangeburg soon to see that old rascal Mr Hugh...he also taught me how to play Rook (and cheat too!).
J Con participated in a triathalon that day and we missed it! but he had a great time with the Whetstones!
Pete is not feeling so well so he had to take a break!
Floyd and Laural liked the inside a/c!
Gifts were not expected at this celebration but as hostess, I wanted them to have picnic baskets to remind them of the party!!! (and they did appreciate the gifts that were brought!!)
This table (and another) was LADEN with food but we enjoyed emptying them both!
Pete and Peter grilled about 100 hamburgers and almost 200 hot dogs! (with a little help from Ellen's Dad (David) and me!)
My Dad (DT) and my cousin Gini
The proud Mamas of the Grooms
cousins Gini and Keli
Kristen, Beth and Chloe at the outside tables
Everyone loved the swing and the cool back porch including David, Jared and Chloe
My Mama (Granny) and Beth's twins loved the pool
Sarah Beth and Beth's daughter Carolyn (the ULTIMATE princess)
Seth and J Con cooled off in the pool as well (it was > 90 degrees)
Best Wishes/Congratulations/and tons of LOVE to two OUTSTANDING young couples! Thanks for letting us share in your joy!

3 comments:

Leigh This Way said...

It looks like y'all had tons of fun. I'm so sad we couldn't make it. Congratulations to both couples!

Amy said...

Ya'll sure know how to throw a party!! I'm so happy for both couples! What a fun summer this will be for your family! Glad I could be there!!

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

With so many people there, I'm surprised all my kids ended up in those pictures...
that was such a fun pool day with family!