Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, March 5, 2010

Take me out to the ballgame...

Spring is almost here and that means...BASEBALL!!!! I hate that it is a 4 time a week committment but I have always loved watching my boys play...the smell of fresh cut grass and hot dogs grilling...the sound of bats on balls and balls thudding into mitts...the feel of the warm sun and the sight of little kids crouched in the "ready position"...gotta love baseball in the South!!!

But of course it starts in February and March inside the gym practicing that all-important swing...Connor, like Andrew at this age, has almost NO STRIKE ZONE when he is at bat which is a plus and his coaches picked up on that right away...but, like Peter, when he connects, it goes... did you know you control where the ball goes by where you point your foot? Connor was practicing batting both left and right handed...

Come on out to the ballgame, come on out with the crowd...I'll buy you some peanuts and cracker jacks...

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

i'll definetly come if you buy me some cracker jacks

kim e said...

I love baseball and I so remember those days. (I remember how I would freeze sitting at ballgames in March and wonder where spring was!) I too love the smell of grass and the breeze and the yell of the crowd when a little one is rounding the bases! Go Conner, hope you are a star this year.

LaNelle said...

I so wish that I could go to ALL (or even just one) of his games!!!