Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Goal Accomplished...33 years in the making!


I began college in 1977...no I am not that old, I was only 16...I TOLD you I used to be smart ;)
Anyway...I left Coker for BYU and then went to live with my Dad and go to Georgia Southern but I had my first Lupus flare (misdiagnosed as rheumatic fever) and after recovering started USC but was working full time and that just didn't work with my young adult social life and then I got married and decided that one last semester could wait a year or two or twenty...
but this week, with no fanfare, no cap and gown, no big celebration, not necessary
I completed a goal I set 33 years ago...
I completed my Bachelor's degree.
My signature is now..
Elizabeth Sheridan, RN, BSN, CCRN
and in March? I start work on my master's degree...
Go me!

10 comments:

ELIZEM said...

GO AUNT LIBBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leigh This Way said...

Way to go! I'm always amazed by women that are mothers and are able to finish their education. I don't think I could ever do that.

kim e said...

Amazing and oh so happy for you!!!
I know you will meet your next goal too.

LaNelle said...

yep...you're aweseome but we already knew that! I do have to say that it will be pretty cool that me and you will be the only ones in our family with Master's Degrees...at least until Andrew.

Jean said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! An amazing goal that you accomplished while raising your family....you deserve lots of FANFARE! Way to go!!! I love you!!! There is NOTHING that you can't accomplish...a master's degree will be a piece of cake for you..hehe!

Mary Beth said...

that is so wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

I am excited for you! I want to get my CPHON certification next...

Libbi said...

ok I will admit I had to look that up Jenny!!! you go!!! you can do it!

grandma ard said...

I see" Dr. Sheridan" in the horizon, you can do anything, you want to do and I am so happy for you! what a dream come true! I love you, Mama!!!

Mikelene said...

AWESOME! GO, LIBBI! :)