We usually try to do a yearly "whole big family" vacation at the beach. And, of course, Pete and I steal away once or twice for a couple's retreat. The last few years, we take the twinners on a Spring vacation since the big kids are always doing cool things with other big kids....(and because we can't afford to take everyone all the time)...but sometimes we sneak in a big kid for something extra...
for instance; in 2007, Andrew got to tag along on Pete and my Naples Florida trip and got to be with the twinners and us in Charleston at Lodge Alley Inn in the summer of 2008 and we went to the beach, the water park, and on a carriage ride. Then, last year, for Peter's Spring Break the twinners and I took Peter and Ellen on a special 3 day Charleston vacation at Lodge Alley Inn complete with carriage ride and Ft Sumter trip. In April last year Patti got to go with us for our big huge Disney trip. (Heather and Kyle are the extreme vacationers and go on quick trips to New York and Disney, etc all the time) so who has been left out????
Poor Steven has school but LaNelle has Spring Break and so she is flying into Florida for 6 days and on Friday we are spending the day at the Magic Kingdom and have dinner reservations...






3 comments:
FYI: I have mentioned it more than a few times that I needed my turn to have a vacation with ya'll! lol
Also, I can guarantee you that I am more excited than anyone about the trip (even Sarah Beth). I do feel horrible that Steven can't come, but I guess not horrible enough to not leave him haha.
Right now, that beach and Disney are the ONLY things keeping me in a good mood!
It looks like it will be a great time and I am so glad that LaNelle gets to be part of this fun vacation....it will be a great spring break!
Royal Dinner sounds good to me. I look forward to seeing the photos from the event. (I guess you will have a queen and a princess at the table!)
Post a Comment