Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cousins...

When our children were young, Kim and I made huge efforts to get together so our children would know each other...and they were incredibly close. We let our lives get too busy when they were teens but even years of neglect cannot break that early bond. I called yesterday to tell Peter that Jacob is engaged and he was like, "yeah, he told me a while ago that he was probably going to get married the month after me." Facebook, instant messaging, texting, etc helps farflung families keep in touch but that foundation has to be laid first! So all you young families keep up the effort to keep your children close to their cousins because there is NOTHING like the support system of a caring close cousin!! LaNelle and Beth (1st pic about 1992, 2nd was October 1987)
swiped from Kim's blog (thanks!)

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

those pictures are darling!!!

kim e said...

I love the closeness we all share. I remember all my trips to Char., NC to have play dates. We had so much fun. I know Beth and LaNelle will always keep their summer week at Ninna's tucked in the hearts! Looking forward to celebrating Peter and Jacob's weddings:)

Leigh This Way said...

That's one of the main reasons that I want to live close to my family. I only saw my cousins once every other year and so we never really got to know eachother. I was so envious of people who knew their cousins well enough to fight with them. Weird but its true!