


I love my job. I am blessed with the opportunity to do what I love while stretching my mind. I help provide for my family while performing a much needed service. I work nights because that is best for my family...and I love the people I work with and the challenges of the urgency often associated with nights.
My health is steadily declining. My children have compared me to the eveready bunny because I just keep going and going. Lately, I can barely go at all....big part of that is the 120 extra pounds I'm lugging around...but I am thinking the nights and continuously interrupted sleep are the real culprits...some nights I literally cry all the way to work because I am so very very tired. And, more and more, it seems like Pete and I have no life together. We have lived opposite schedules for almost 8 years so we could be here for the kids...it is taking its toll.
In the very near future, I'll have the opportunity to switch to days. Sooooo tempting...have a normal life, be with Pete every night, get on a normal sleep/wake cycle, feel like a human being again...BUT it would also mean the twins alone for a few hours twice a week and working every other Sat/Sun. AND Patti doesn't drive and depends on me to get her to work and school...
decisions decisions...I'll keep you posted







6 comments:
The first thought that came to my mind was taking that decision to the Lord. I know the spirit will guide you to make the right decision. (I would love to see you get more sleep and be on a regular schedule) I too worry about your health.
I am looking forward to seeing you and your family this weekend.
I wonder how people MAKE decisions like this WITHOUT taking it to the Lord...
Switch to days. The twins will survive, Patti will get her license like every other person her age, and you will live long enough to play with all the grandkids I'm doing my best to get here!
In the words of Andrew: "I prayed about it and asked Tommy. The answer is yes."
Love you! :)
I agree with LaNelle - she said it so "in charge" like...and I agree with Mom (but who doesn't?) If you ever need me to help, we're even closer than ever...extra kids around here don't really add much to the madness and my kids love it. (I had only my 4 last night and someone on the phone said it sounded like there were 72 people here...haha...2 more are nothing.)
By the way who's Tommy?
oops - I meant 5...haha...I forgot my number!
um I am embarrassed to say that your very irreverant cousin Andrew says that sometimes when he is referring to Pres Monson
Post a Comment