This is my 3rd time to be Girls Activity Day Leader and I LOVE my calling!! GAD meets twice a month for an hour and we help the 8-11 year old girls complete their Faith in God requirements...I love this age because they like everything you do and get excited and are just so so fun! Plus, I get to do fun things with Sarah Beth and my co-leader is one of my girlfriends, Lauralan...it's a dream calling! Last week, Lauralan was with family at the hospital so Patti stepped in and helped. (ALthough Lauralan had the idea for the meeting!!) We worked on good health habits and talked about the Temple and our bodies being like the Temple and the importance of staying clean and pure...and beautiful and being your own kind of beautiful, etc etc etc (all in 10 minutes 'cause I insist that these activities be FUN!!!!) Here's our sorta healthy snacks...
Saturday, January 30, 2010
The Most Fun Calling EVER!!!!
Sarah Beth, Pazlan, and Madison
Lauren is sooooo cute!!!!
Sarah Beth did a cartwheel...
Chauncey and Emmi did a lot of gymnastics and were very good!!!!
Madison and Chauncey doing something!!!!
Sarah Beth and Madison are good friends...and act a lot alike!!!!!
Chauncey was the first to take home our mascot L.A.R.S. (Loving and Righteous Saint). She brought him back and this week Madison took him home. The girls record the fun they have with L.A.R.S. in a journal each day, they feed him by reading the scriptures to him daily, they keep him on his schedule by praying morning and night and exercising 30 minutes a day. They love him and eagerly await their turn to have him...and he helps them establish great habits!
Posted by Libbi at 5:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
You are the coolest leader!! I know te girls are having a blast and learning so much!!! Way Cool!!!
jealous. cub scouts is NOT that fun.
I hope you are keeping a journal so if I ever get that calling one day I can call you up! They are so cute.
You are a cool leader.
Looks like everyone had a fun time!! Great idea to help them read their scriptures and say their prayers daily!!
you do have a great calling!!! let me know if you ever need my help with anything, serioulsy
Post a Comment