Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

SC State Fair

Every year from as early as I can remember, our family has gone to the SC State Fair...it always comes in October on my birthday and I always connect my birthday with the fair. I LOVE THE FAIR!!! Love the rides, the games, the exhibits, people watching and especially...THE FOOD!!!!
My Ma-maw loved the fair and she loved paging people to the rocket just to see who would show up...and every year since her death in 1986, I continue to page "Margaret Folk, meet your family at the rocket". I always feel like she's there with me... and I ALWAYS miss my huge family and all the fun we had at the fair. This year, was extra special because a lot of my family WAS there...Peter, Ellen, Patti, the twinners and I got there about 11:30 and Floyd, Laurel, DT and DD joined us about 1:30 and then about 3:30 and 4:00, first my neice Katie and then Pete came too! Patti couldn't ride because of her sinuses and I no longer FIT in most rides but Peter and Ellen graciously took the twins on every ride...starting with this... and oh did we eat!!!! Peter was hilarious...

and NONE of us liked the chocolate covered bacon!!!!! it was truly GROSS!!!! See Ellen's face...

Patti thought the Turkey leg looked gross but Sarah Beth loves them and gets one every year


Daddy Tom (DT) made the whole day fun...especially the singing as we took a food break and listened to the musician...we were singing some country country country songs!!!! So FUN!


and always more rides....

Peter and Ellen rode very few together and were really sweet about splitting up to be with the twins!!!




more Fiske Fries...the kids add cheese but I like vinegar!!


DT and DD used electric scooters to get around (DD has a really bad knee that needs surgery and DT just had surgery a few weeks ago). WE LOVED THAT THEY CAME!!!!! but DT drives like Granddaddy did..meaning you'd best GET OUT OF THE WAY!

Daddy Tom acting SO SILLY!!!! Did I say how much fun my Dad can be?????

Connor and Sarah Beth got tired very easily...lingering results of the flu, I guess. In fact, the Con-man woke up almost every hour crying with leg cramps and SB had a horrific headache and tummy ache so they got to skip school today...Connor loves Peter and hates it when he leaves

Peter is such a kidder...I went to get him and Connor an ice cream cone but Ellen didn't know that and asked Peter, "Hey do you want some ice cream?" to which he said, "Nah, I don't like ice cream at the fair" and she looked so puzzled until I walked up and handed him the cone he'd asked for...she just shook her head...he loves loves loves to aggravate and tease!! He and Connor LOVE ice cream anywhere!

i love this pic taken while he was unaware...

while Patti took Sarah Beth to a "tween" concert (BLESS Patti!!!), we visited the animals and Ellen rode a camel...
while Peter and Connor took a turn on an elephant

and then????? ha! Thank Goodness no pics of my debut on stage at the hypnotist show...was I really hypnotized as I strutted on the catwalk and struck a pose???? NOT !!!! but I knew the twins would LOVE it and howl with laughter and remember forever their Mama acting a fool (not that that is really anything new!) so I let loose and had a blast and it was fun...reminded me of a Disney World Trip and a Raider of the Lost Arc show...anyone remember?????

7 comments:

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

I was little, but I remember that disney world trip! Wow - y'all did SO much at the fair! Ellen is so cute (I guess I should say pretty, cute sounds too young.) She is though.
I would have liked to see some of those pictures of you on the hypnotist show... :)

LaNelle said...

I SO remember you getting on the Indiana Jones stage at Disney World...eventhough I was like 6?

Anyway...I'm jealous! Hopefully in two year we will be at the fair with ya'll!

Leigh This Way said...

I LOVE the fair!! Thankfully Preston and I were able to go down this past Friday and spend time with the family there. Its not October without the fair!

Glad y'all had so much fun and you were able to have most of your family there.

Jean said...

I definitely remember the Disney World Trip and "The Raiders of the Lost Ark" show...too funny! I am so glad you had a great time and enjoyed every part of the fair...how wonderful!!!

kim e said...

I have a video of your debut at Disney World...umm maybe with a little help I could figure out how to put it on facebook so everyone could enjoy it!

Marina said...

Chocolate covered bacon???? That sounds truly disgusting! Oh, how I wish I could enjoy the Fair...we don't even have one in NV. Glad y'all had fun!

Grandma Ard said...

It looked like a lot of fun, I shall never forget some state fairs when you were little and always wanted to be independent and we were always watching where you went next! I love you!