I expect good grades from my children...I was completely intolerant of anything below a "B" when the older ones were in school...and they almost always delivered the required "A's" and an occasional "B". I've been told my standards are too high and put too much pressure on my kids...perhaps. So I'm not mother of the year....big surprise there!
My family loves the story of when Andrew was in middle school. He came to me a day or two before report card day and our conversation went something like this:
A: Mama, we need to talk about my report card...
M: ARE YOU GETTING A "C" ??????????????
A: Oh Gosh, I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andrew never concerned himself with A's...my goal was for him to graduate with a B average and he did...a 3.001. He was thrilled with that. note...he now demands better since he has become an acountant!!!
But today is report card day for the twins and they came home with stellar grades...Sarah Beth has a very hard teacher and she was THRILLED with all A's. I was not surprised (after all, they had a fabulous teacher last year....heeheehee)
What also did not surprise me....but made me very very happy was the comments...from both report cards....WOW!!!!
works well in a group, model student, exhibits good effort, joy to have in classroom, conscientious worker, polite, kind and well-mannered, enthusiastic worker...
They also brought home awards and Connor had three...one of which was Radiant Roadrunner.
Go TWINNERS!!!!!!!






5 comments:
Congratulations SB and Connor! I didn't expect anything less!!! :) Love you!
Hooray!!
I guess I'm starting to sound like Andrew some because in Medicinal Chemistry(which no one needs unless they plan on doing research which I'm defintely not going to do but we all have to take in anyways), I pray to just pass. If I do better then that, I'll be totally shocked! Sad but true!
You go Twins! I'm not surprised at all and just consider your teachers very lucky for YOU will bless their lives in a very special way and will two of their students that they will always look back and remember. There are few of those according to Aunt Kerry and my sister, Liz. Your grades are spectacular. We're very proud of you, but you've always been A plus in our book.
Yey! Sarah Beth and Conner. I just knew you would be so smart! You are top twins. Hope to see you soon when I am in Columbia.
smarty pants! I miss my twinners and am not one bit surprised that they did so well. I am shocked that SB's report card didn't say something about talking to much...I think that is a requirement for report cards when you are a Sheridan girl!
Post a Comment