Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, December 14, 2008

SLC reflections...

Pictures when I get home...

Today (well, Sunday morning)we went to Temple Square and attended sacrament Meeting in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was their Christmas program and it was gorgeous!!!! I loved the music (harp/violin/incredible soloists) and the talk and the fact that everyone was adult and all the brothers passing the sacrament were elderly...it was sweet.

"My elders" (Elder Healy and Elder Telford..otherwise known as Todd and Hank) came over tonight with their familes and the Brooksbys and their families..and sweet Wilson Pace. We shared a meal in our suite (all 27 of us..it's a big suite!!) and laughed and talked and cried and remembered and I am eternally grateful for those precious young elders in Mississippi back in that steaming hot humid summer of 1978 that taught me the gospel...and also for my awesome wonderful friends that are now family...the Brooksbys for teaching Pete. I love them all so much and love this Gospel and my family. I have been given much!!!

4 comments:

Jean said...

I bet that was so wonderful! I would love to see Elder Healy again...it is always great to see the missionaries that brought you the gospel! I am so glad you got the chance to visit with everyone! What fun!!!! I will look forward to pictures!

kim e said...

I hope to go and see Elder Healy one day. I know that was a beautiful sacrament meeting too.
Guess you are glad to back on SC ground.... no matter where we roam, there's no place like home!

Marina said...

That sounds so nice! And, I am eternally grateful that you accepted the gospel so that we could meet and be friends. ;)

Leigh This Way said...

I think its great that you've been able to keep in contact with "your" elders over all these years. Sounds like you were able to be surrounded by your whole "family" during your visit.