Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, December 15, 2008

Fun Fun Fun

Waiting for the Commencement...and we were also waiting for President Uchtdorf!!!! He is now LaNelle's FAVORITE because he and President Clark were at the top of the stairs as the graduates marched up from under the auditorium and LaNelle was on his side and when it was her turn to pass him, he smiled at her and said "Beautiful! Congratulations!" She said, "Well, it's against the rules for a member of the 1st presidency to lie and he told me I was beautiful!" That's my LaLa!! His talk was so inspiring and so was president's Clark's talk! Gotta love Church schools!

LaNelle wanted to LOOK like a theater major (even though she was really a theater education major!) so her friend Natalie (an incredibly talented hair stylist and PRECIOUS girl) transformed her...even LaNelle said, "I look in the mirror and don't even recognize myself!" Steven loves the look and it will work in Vegas! She's young enough and hip enough to pull it off...one day she'll be an old boring settled Mama but for now she's making lemons from lemonade and enjoying the moment! Go LaNelle!!!


It started snowing during the graduation and when we woke up Saturday morning, the world was white...we knew Heather missed Kalib and Kyle but we almost wished her flight would be cancelled so she'd have to come with us to SLC...but it didn't happen so we said goodby..it was sad because I cannot express how awesome it was to spend so much time with my 3 grown daughters!!!! They are all gorgeous, fun, and extraordinary young women!
We shopped a little at The Gateway (we were FREEZING in the snow and it's an outside mall...I kept slipping and almost fell several times..note to self, don"t wear crocs in a blizzard!") and had an awesome meal at California Pizza Kitchen. Then we went to..where else?...Wal-Mart and back to our spacious 2 bedroom suite to cook and talk and laugh... and on Sunday morning, we went to Temple Square...


LaNelle had bare legs and she walked fast because it was freezing!!! Pete and I kept stopping because everything was so gorgeous! including our daughters...we are so glad Patti is coming home with us! She, of course, will be counting the days until she returns to the BURRRRRRGGGG!

We attended church in the Joseph Smith Memorial building...how's that for awesome???? We loved it and it was such a spirit filled occasion!
Now here is a beautiful sight...my sweetheart and me on the "Bride and Groom" spot in front of the Salt Lake Temple!!! We enjoyed spending time with each other soooooo much!!!!




Pete loved being with his girls! and they sure loved seeing their Daddy! We were really missing Heather, Sarah Beth, Peter, Andrew, Connor, Kyle, and Kalib!!!

Next year, we just might have a white Christmas in Park City with EVERYONE if we can get them all to agree! Three of them will already be out there...


This is for my sister. Jean served a mission in Sweden and all along Temple Square they have luminaries and the bags say something in foreign languages (I couldn't find an english one so I don't really know but I'd guess maybe "Merry Christmas"?) This is the swedish one...I think it was a K on the left and I can't remember the rest of the letters...anyway, Jean has kept Sarah Beth and made her visit so much fun she never even calls me (usually it's many times a day!) THANK YOU JEAN!!!!!!

Sunday night was my FAVORITE because I got to see "my elders" and the Brooksbys and everyone finally met each other...such a joyous occasion...Pete and I both cried just overwhelmed with emotion for the incredible GIFTS bestowed upon us by a loving Heavenly Father with the help of those precious souls!!! We will always love and honor them! Pictures will follow..right now we are stranded in the SLC airport waiting for clearance to fly to Houston! I am ready to be back in SC but I have LOVED this slice of time in the West!

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

7 comments:

Jean said...

It looks like y'all had a great visit and came home with lots of good memories...I love all the pictures and the snow is so wonderful as I sit here in warm weather IN December! I am so happy that you had a great time. Everyone looked wonderful!

Jean said...

Oh, and by the way, the word on the bag means "Love". Merry Christmas is "God Jul" in Swedish!

Leigh This Way said...

Yeah for Nell graduating and giving y'all an excuse to go visit. It looks like everyone really enjoyed it. BTW,those pics from temple square are great!

Jackie said...

Way to go, LaNelle!!!
I am so jealous of your trip!! But I am so happy that you got to go and be with your hubbie and girls. It looks like you had a FABULOUS time!! I missed you! Now let's go out and party!

Mikelene said...

What a great trip! Loved all the pics. Everyone looks gorgeous!

Marina said...

Congratulations to you and LaNelle.

Those pics of the temple are gorgeous. I know you were in heaven there. I am so glad that you got to spend quality time in such a great place. Y'all be safe on your trip back with all the weather conditions.

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

I was hoping Jean would post what it meant b/c i was curious. Glad to see all your posts and the fun you had out west. Sarah Beth showed up in pictures/videos on Jean's blog and she did look like she was having fun.