Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Gratitude


Connor lost a baby tooth this week and as it wiggled out, it flipped into the sink and disappeared down the drain. He was very sad because although he is almost 10 and very aware of how the tooth fairy works, he still likes that tradition of hiding his tooth under his pillow and finding a few dollars the next morning (yeah yeah I know, we all got a quarter and the older kids a dollar but the twinners are born of my old age and they are spoiled...)

ANYWAY...

Steven came to the rescue and took off the trap and found the tooth and all was well. Connor chose to wait until Andrew was here to hide the tooth (????) so he hid it last night. This morning, when he found $3, he immediately tried to give Steven $1 for "helping me get my tooth". Steven refused to take money from a kid (Good for Steven!) but it bothered Connor and so he went to LaNelle and quietly asked her if she would "slip the money to Steven when he isn't looking". I was impressed that Connor would be so determined to pay a debt and I talked to him about the importance of gratitude and how we are taught to always be grateful for blessings and to look for ways to be of service and also to be grateful to those that give us service..and I told him how proud I was of him...and then it went like this....


mom: LaNelle slipped the dollar in Steven's shorts but I'm afraid that he will never know it came from you


Connor: I don't care. He doesn't NEED to know I gave it to him, I just had to know I did.


is it any wonder Christ said we had to become as little children? Thanks Connor, for the reminder of how to truly give...


4 comments:

Keli said...

What lessons a 10 yr can teach....Way to go Connor, make me cry right before I go to bed....

Mary Beth said...

Connor is the man! But we already knew that....
I love this story

Leigh This Way said...

Gratitude is always a lesson that we as adults need reminding of. Thanks Connor.

Jean said...

You gotta love that sweet, adorable, little Connor...he taught us all a valuable lesson about gratitude! I love him!! :)