Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Rednecks in the Big Apple

Waiting at the train station...ready for our trip to the CITY!!!!!






Poor Gerald!!! He took a bunch of hicks to the big city and we had a blast!!! LaNelle, Steven and Patti got tickets to see Hairspray while the boys took the twins skating in Rockefeller Center. Gerald, Pete and I watched while we ate massive hamburgers in the cafe area. Then, we went to Liberty Island. It was FREEZING and the wind whipped around the island but the twins got to go and bought a book for their class. Then, we caught a taxi to canal street for a bizarre but fun shopping experience...read LaNelle's blog, she'll tell all about it. After another subway ride, we followed tradition and bought Pizza from Carouso's in Penn Station and rode back on the Long Island Railroad. SO MUCH FUN!!!!! There is no city on earth like NYC and we all LOVE to visit...except maybe Andrew...he is a southern country boy through and through and never feels comfortable on the subway. Next time, Pete and I hope we can visit alone and go with Gerald and Jenny in to see a show and have fun. I did have a blast with my family though!!! the conductor gave the twins souvenir ticketsare we tourists or what? Uncle Gerald, Patti, LaNelle, Steven and Sarah BethNew York's finest...it was COLD!!!!!!Pete and me in front of the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center..it was so awesome!!!!
Andrew and Peter skating with the twins at Rockefeller Centeron the ferry to Liberty Island to see the Statue of Liberty!!!!!Connor in the Taxi on the way to Canal Street..while on vacation, Connor rode a Jet, bus, train, subway, ferry, taxi and was also in an armored car, police helicopter, and rescue truck!!!!!!!! Talk about a learning experience!!!shopping on Canal Street..see Sarah Beth's new purse? SPARKLES!!!!on the subway, Patti looks like a true bored New YorkerPete and Gerald...they know why I took this one!!!it's a tradition to grab pizza from Caruso's for the train ride home...and it is GOOD!!!Connor running to the train and Pete struggling to catch him!! ("It said track 18 Daddy, I know how to read!!")

exhausted but happy with our new handbags...Coach and Prada...the girlfriends have GOT to take a trip to NYC!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like y'all had tons of fun! I'd love to take a trip to NYC! So I would just HAVE to be included in that girlfriend trip!!

Libbi said...

you get to go if I get to be in charge!!!!

Mikelene said...

WOW! Looks like y'all had an amazing time in NYC! *Love* all the photos! And what a great trip for all of your kids, especially the twins. My girls loved our trips to Hong Kong. Big cities are crazy-busy, but there's so much to see & do. How fun! Thanks for sharing! Now I want to go to NYC. :)