Here are some pictures I added after our trip to Conway. They were taken on Thanksgiving at my Dad's. We had so much fun and the food was awesome...we missed Heather's family, LaNelle, Steven, and Andrew...but we were all so glad to be with Peter...





I love the Holidays!!!! And Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days. Last night's family night lesson was about some of the most important blessings we have to be thankful for. It goes without saying (although we should say it anyway) that I am thankful for my savior and for the Gospel and my wonderful family. I am truly thankful for them. I feel so blessed to have such good parents who love me and rejoice with me and mourn with me...so thankful for the lessons they taught me growing up...for independence, love of learning, integrity, compassion, and so many more. They allowed me to be myself and also expected great things...and gave me the tools to be whoever I wanted to be. They exposed us to culture, to work, to rich and poor...they helped us realize the importance of family and service and truth...and they taught us to search, ponder, and pray and stand up for what we believe in! How blessed indeed to have been given that great heritage! And I am thankful for my children and the overwhelming love I feel for them. They are each so different, with different strengths and challenges but they are all united in their love for one another and that alone makes me feel triumphant! I am so very Thankful that we will all be together this year on Christmas eve and Christmas Day and so excited that my Mom and Gramps, Daddy and DeeDee, Kim, Jean, and Floyd will also be in Raleigh. What a HUGE BLESSING!!! I'm thankful for my home and my awesome Pecan trees...for the South and being born here...for the opportunity to be a nurse in a unit I love...for laughter and tears..for the joy of living. I hope you all have a wonderfully happy Thanksgiving and take time this season to reflect on life's true joys and forgive easily and desire to love more. It is all good...






2 comments:
Libbi,
What a great thing your wrote about being thankful for your blessings. We all have blessings to be thankful for. This year I am searching hard to see the blessings in middle of so much grief but I do have a lot to be grateful for; mostly I am grateful to have the gospel, for my wonderful husband, my beautiful children and to know that my precious Noah is assured of his eternal glory. I know there will be better days ahead...that alone gives me hope! HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I love you, Jean
love the pictures and your comment!
Post a Comment