Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lately...

I loved my blog...and all my family and friends...still do although I rarely comment on theirs and never post on mine...
Several reasons...I lost my camera so I have few pictures and I have a computer job so when I am at home, the LAST thing I want to do is sit in front of a monitor. And...too much happens too fast to keep up. What, you ask?

August, 2010 started a new job as a nurse informaticist. Miss my PICU friends like CRAZY! Miss being an expert. But, love the hours, the challenge and NEEDING guidance from my husband as he teaches me to understand my new role. Patti moved to Charleston and I missed her so much...and worried nonstop, too.
September, 2010 Twinners are 10 (NO WAY!!). Closed the pool (always sad) and wondered what changes would have come in our lives by next summer...
October, 2010 Turned 50...seriously, how can Libbi the Lip be 50? That is old. beyond middle-aged...but, then, I AM a grandma. Age doesn't really worry me overmuch but the thought did come "Why do I have to be fat and unfit at 50???" Hard to realize that well over half of my turn on earth is over...so many things I will never do...but then, look at all I have experienced. One great thing is GRANDCHILDREN and this month sweet Nolan turned one...WOW! Patti came home from Charleston (so glad to have her BACK!)and started dating a boy she met there.
November, 2010 Pete and I took his scouts and my activity day girls to the Saluda Shoals Sleigh bell trot. It would have been a lot more fun if I had not been stinkin SICK with a high fever! But the kids had a blast! Thanksgiving at the beach with my Dad and brother...cRaZy shopping trip...couldn't even find a parking place at Tanger. Think this is my last year of fighting the mad crowds on Black Friday...not as much fun as it used to be. Maybe because there is no wild and crazy anctics with Peter and Andrew...miss those days!
December, 2010 Peter and Ellen moved into our FROG since Peter was assigned to work temporarily in Charlotte. LaNelle and Steven came home to SC for the holidays and met the sweet precious birthmom who will make them parents in March and was with her at the ultrasound that revealed they will have a daughter...sweet KINSLEY ELIZABETH. That surely made our Christmas!!! For the first year EVER, didn't see my mama or sister Jean during the holidays...so so sad about that. Heather's family came to us and even though Nolan had to visit the ER and be admitted overnight (asthma), we still made it to lights at the zoo and had so much fun as a family. I love all of my children and am never happier than when we are all together! Andrew is in love and Tiffany flew out from her home in Mesa, Arizona for the last week of December to meet us...ADORE her! Twinners busy with rec basketball.
January, 2011 Rang in the new year without our traditional party. Needed a break from reality so we fled to my Mecca of peace and comfort (the BEACH!) and watched fireworks from our balcony with the twinners, Peter and Ellen, and Andrew and Tiffany. Peter and Ellen told us they would become parents in late August...watched Peter sob as he shared the news with LaNelle because he knew the news would make her happy for him and open wide the wound of her infertility...once again I marveled at the love and compassion my children feel for each other.
February, 2011 February means GIRLFRIEND TRIP. Jackie spoiled us once again with a LUXURIOUS oceanfront penthouse. We ate, shopped, talked, laughed...I love those 5 ladies with all my heart!!! They keep me going. Dixie Youth Baseball starts...Connor's last year as a minor. Can the twinners really be this old???
March, 2011 After a month of excitement and suspense, precious Kinsley Elizabeth Simons was born on my dear friend Barbra Hoggan's birthday...March 29 (one day before her great-grandma's birthday). The joy of seeing Steven and LaNelle as parents is overwhelming. We also discovered that Peter and Ellen will have a son...WALKER THOMAS!
April, 2011 6 days after Kinsley's birth, Mary Beth (LaNelle's dearest friend EVER) gave birth to Norah and a third generation of best girlfriends began...
Patti broke up with Alan but did NOT crumble...rather, she became stronger and realized her potential...GO PATTI!
My family (14 of us)flew to Mesa, Arizona to be with Andrew and Tiffany as they were sealed for time and all eternity. I seriously loved having all of my children together...only Kyle and Nolan were missing as they had to stay in NC. Friday night will be their reception here. This month and next will be super busy and crazy at work but then the summer will be here and lots more fun!! Time to get the pool cleaned up and OPEN!!!

May will bring our neice Ashley's wedding in Key West...Pete and I are going alone..looking so forward to that!! June will bring the end of the school year for the twinners (YAY!!!) and our annual beach vacation! WOO HOO! No camper (we spent the money we had saved on the Arizona wedding!) but we will be at the beach with my sister and it will be awesome! July will be my nephew Jason's wedding in NY and I have been excited about that for a year but we will miss it...BECAUSE sweet Kinsley's court date is the day before and as soon as the adoption is final, we will go to the temple where she will be sealed to LaNelle and Steven...and then at Church that Sunday, she will receive her name and blessing!!! Can't miss that!! August is when our nephew Patrick gets married in NY..hopefully, we will be there and then our grandson Walker will be born and Peter will start law school and Patti may go back out West to school...so many new beginnings!

No pics...but a year full of changes and blessings. I am so happy. So very blessed.

3 comments:

Marina said...

You certainly are busy! I'm glad you threw a post out for us. =)

Mary Beth said...

SO VERY HAPPY you posted again!!! (and thanks for mentioning me and Norah)

Makuahine said...

Loved catching up!