Some of you know that my girlfriend Jackie has been at my side encouraging me to get fit. (STOP LAUGHING!!!) She attends weight watchers with me and now is helping me commit to exercising (UGH!!!) I love her for it because obviously I could not do it alone! Actually, my daughter LaNelle set the example by becoming a lifetime member at Weight Watchers when she lost 30+ pounds. Since October 29th, I have lost 27 and am a PROUD owner of my 10% keyring (you have to lose 10% of your starting weight so now the WORLD knows I started at 270 lbs...oh well, as if you would have thought I weighed only 250...I always say the number is a thing...people see you! and the me they see is fat so the number is irrelavent!).
Now I am venturing out into the fitness world...I know...I hate hate hate physical activity because it is soooo hard for me. (although I have to admit I do LIKE the way I feel after I finsih) I still cannot imagine loving to run (Jackie made me run for 2 minutes at a time at the beach and I asked her if she knew CPR...imagine it...here we are running on the beach and I'm sucking up air and panting and forcing out words...heel to middle of chest...pant pant... push hard and fast 30 times...pant pant...cover my mouth...pant pant...get a good seal...pant pant...blow hard twice...pant pant...start over...pant pant ...keep it up until EMS arrive...) I really thought I was going to DIE!!! we're talking 2 minutes.
So I knew if I am ever going to run in a relay marathon (5 miles minimum per team member) I had to get it in gear. The girlfriends are going to be a team in Feb '09 in Myrtle Beach...so I'm starting by joining this beginner's Walk/Run Training Club and we'll participate in the 2nd annual "Jailbreak 5k" in late May.
Wish me luck (and anyone that wants to join in, you can register through February and you don't have to be a member of my gym...c'mon girlfriends!!!!) We can do it!!!!!






9 comments:
I'm right there with you girlfriend!!
yea! I'm proud of you for staying dedicated. You make me laugh, I never told anyone but you and Steven how many pounds I lost when I got my 10% cause I didn't want anyone to know how much I weighed. I cannot explain how excited I am for you to succeed in weight watchers and in getting physically fit...that's something I need to work on. If I wasn't in school in May I would come walk/run with you! Maybe I can come be your cheerleader in a year!
I'd love to run with ya'll in the Jailbrake but I'll be 8 1/2 months pregnant, so I better not - unless we want someone delivering a baby - hmm, maybe that's an idea!!! - anyways, I will TOTALLY be there cheering for ya'll and you can ask anyone - I'm the BEST cheerleader at races!!! EVERYONE will know you're Libbi and you're my friend!!!
Go you! I hear ya on the exercising thing, I hate it! And runnings the worst! I bet you'll do great in May! Don't forget to update us on how it goes!
Well, Libbi, that's just fabulous! I might do it too. It depends on how fast I recover after having a baby. I really hope I'm running by then so if you stay motivated, I just might get motivated too!
I used to like jogging (not running, always hated running), but now I feel like you do (the "pant pant" part, I never can remember CPR). Good for you! Maybe I'll start exercising this year...it's on my list of goals from January (I'm pacing myself). :)
ok, Beth, so we didn't run, we jogged and that was bad enough but I am still doing it in 2 minute increments and hopefully one day it will get easier...
ok, Beth, so we didn't run, we jogged and that was bad enough but I am still doing it in 2 minute increments and hopefully one day it will get easier...
Libby! I stumbled here through your daughter's blog and I just wanted to say hi and that I'm so proud of you!!!! Last year at New Years I could not run down the block but with the help of friends I trained for and ran a half marathon in May. You can do it!!!
Post a Comment